• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

66-67 lower control arms

  • Thread starter Thread starter muddslide
  • Start date Start date Jan 23, 2007

muddslide

New Member
Mar 10, 2003
505
0
0
DAYTONA BEACH
Jan 23, 2007
#1
  • Jan 23, 2007
  • #1
I have a 67 stang, I bought 67 lower control arms and started to take apart my front end. I noticed the control arm I took off the car is about 2" longer than the one I just bought. Does this mean I need 66 control arm for my car? Does anyone know if the 66 lower control arm is longer than the 67?
 

2bav8

Founding Member
Nov 30, 1998
2,511
1
47
Mesa, AZ
Jan 23, 2007
#2
  • Jan 23, 2007
  • #2
'65-66 lower control arms are shorter than 67+ control arms.
 

muddslide

New Member
Mar 10, 2003
505
0
0
DAYTONA BEACH
Jan 23, 2007
#3
  • Jan 23, 2007
  • #3
So, they must have sent me 66 control arms?
 

2bav8

Founding Member
Nov 30, 1998
2,511
1
47
Mesa, AZ
Jan 23, 2007
#4
  • Jan 23, 2007
  • #4
Sounds like it...
 

muddslide

New Member
Mar 10, 2003
505
0
0
DAYTONA BEACH
Jan 24, 2007
#5
  • Jan 24, 2007
  • #5
Does anyone have both control arms handy, I just want to make sure before I order another set.....I bought the last set at a car show and don't have the companies name anymore, I guess I can put them on ebay.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Help! Fox with idle issues
  • bbarton
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
213
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 12, 2026
AeroCoupe
R
Suspension Lower control arms needed
  • racer_dave
  • Feb 9, 2026
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
3
Views
305
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Feb 20, 2026
Noobz347
D
Running both lean and rich with O2 heat codes
  • Danceswithfire5
  • Aug 30, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
136
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Sep 5, 2026
apple99Mustangdude
A
M
Bent Rear Spring Perches
  • Miozu
  • Aug 18, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
467
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Sep 8, 2025
PSKSAM2
P
2
SJB Parasitic Draw, Fuse 59&67
  • 2005 Mustang V6
  • Apr 30, 2026
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
212
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 29, 2026
boatillo
B
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?