66 Posi Unit

• Sponsors (?)

I just put a powertrax locker in my 8". I figured if I'm going to spend $500 I may as well get the benefits of full torque at both wheels rather than a LSD. And I don't mind the ratcheting sounds at all.

Daily driver...has 331-5speed...performer rpm heads...comp cam...rpm intake...650cfn carter...used for drives up and down canyon roads..

ok. for this application i would NOT use the detroit locker. it tends to be rather loud, and it takes time to get used to hearing ti lock and unlock.

the powertrax locker is much better as is the auburn unit. when i get to building my mustang again, i will use the powertrax locker.

I read a lot of reviews about the powertrax units being loud as well, but I think it was mostly the older variations of it. The newer ones have springs that reduce backlash noise and harshness that the old ones were known for.

You want something that is smooth and unnoticeable except for extra traction. That means a clutch type (Eaton or stick type Limited slip) or helical gear (Detroit True trac). What is the price difference for your differential?