I have a 67 Mustang. I recently replaced my radio and pulled my instrument panel. While I had it out I replaced all my bulbs. I ran a constant wire back to the battery for the radio. I put everything together and turned the car on. All was working a few minutes until I had smoke coming out from behind the instrument panel.
I turned the car off, pulled the instrument panel and started the car up again. No smoke this time.
I waited a day and pulled the instrument panel out all the way to see if there was damage. No evidence of anything.
My car is now totally dead. I tried jump starting the car. No power. I had the battery on a trickle charge overnight
The dome light in the car does not turn on
When you turn the key, no power, no start
When I put a tester on the battery it lights up
I think there is an issue with the Solenoid or something with the wiring, ground, etc.
Could it be a fuse issue
Could it be the ignition switch
I am looking for some advice on how to figure this out
Remove the hot wire you ran for the radio and check to see what let out the smoke. Check all your fuses and power getting to the fuse box. Get a voltmeter to test the battery, it should be 13-14 volts fully charged. A test light will light up at 9 volts= no help