73 Restomod Dilemma - 351w Build- Dyno Sheets Included

Stang_1973

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2001
San Antonio, Tx.
Ok guys, i have nto been on this site in a loooooong time. Used to be a regular though back in the 2000s.

So my car has undergone quite a few things since then. One of which was swapped in a roller 351w EFI, 60mmTB, lighting GT40 tubular intake, perfromer rpm heads, X303 cam, full length headers, dual 2.5" exhaust.

I also did an AOD swap with a 2500k stall i believe. the original AOD i used, even though was rebuilt before installing, broke about 3 months after getting installed. bent the input shaft on a downshift.....

This lockup AOD setup put down 305HP to the wheels and 360lbs o TQ. Red lines in the graph

After the breakdown i was convinced to go non-lockup and procured a used edge racing converter, lentech valvebody, and all the other nonlockup goodies. according to my Mechanic this AOD should hold up to 600hp, buuuut as the graph shows i suffered in power to the wheels. I sent the converter to edge racing who retooled it to 3500 stall speed, per my mechanic. This setup made 290/355 and the power band look way different.

Chris lock up vs non lock fixed convertor.jpg

Now im not sure what direction to go becuase i know there is more potential to get power to the wheels.

Id like to go back to lockup since according to my graphs i had a longer powerband and obviously put more power to the wheels. but how can i make sure i dont break my tranny again?

Next i know the GT40 tubular is limiting power, but nor sure what intake to go with. ive considered, TFS, and Eddie Victor...

Also i know the Xcam is old tech, if i can get the right setup i think id spring for a custom cam.

other info- car has power brakes and a/c, is used as a weekend driver, and every now and then as a daily in nice weather.

point me in the right direction!!!

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)