79 pace car junk yard find plus others

I’ve been in those yards in Omaha back in the 80’s when I used to live up there. Last time I remember, I was looking for some part for a 69 body Mustang. The JY owner was the same type of guy, had a 63 Tbird Roadster that the convertible top was stuck in “ mid-up”. The fiberglass Tonneau that would‘ve ordinarily covered the back seat was off, and on the ground. The owner’s grandkids were jumping on it because it was their version of a JY bouncy-trampoliney.

When I came around the corner and saw it, I gasped and asked how much he wanted for it.

“8000.00!“

I scoffed at the price because the top had been open and allowed the elements to destroy the white leather interior. “ I know what this car’s worth, and I ain’t giving nothing away.......You thought you were gonna steal it huh?”. “It’ll turn to rust before I’ll let anybody steal anything from me” ...

He was a stupid, stupid man.
I hear ya! I have a 69 Mach basket case that I keep dreaming about getting back on! Only good thing about getting laid off due to this stinking virus is having lots of time to work on my junk!

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Pic of 4Runner, HUGE Toyota 4x4 fan here.
Day after taking top off, pulling 5 garbage cans of junk out of it and pressure washing the crap out of it! Amazing solid though but have many hours of "fun" getting it drivable.

Attachments

• IMG_20200330_220800460.jpg
    IMG_20200330_220800460.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Well thats a shame. I realize that most of those cars are beyond repair at this point, but it would be much better to see them go to someone willing to save what can be saved. Now they will just sit there and get worse.

Nice score on the first gen 4Runner. My grand dad bought one of those new. Sight unseen whit the truck literally on the boat headed to America. I loved that old truck. It didn't have back seats of any kind. Just a driver and passengers seat. Before he passed he sold it to a stranger to keep everybody from fighting over it and getting mad at the person that ended up with it. I get that, but I would have liked to have seen it stay in the family.
That sucks! Hope to keep this one for a long time. My 19 year old son cant keep his hands off it. I guess he is learning a great skill!