8-bolt Flywheel for 4.6

RyanCooper

May 1, 2020
Texas
I tried searching the forum and google and couldn't find what i was looking for.

So I bought a 2000 Mustang GT recently and I'm going to do a clutch and I'm likely gonna get a new flywheel too but all the 8-bolt flywheels i could find were $150+ meanwhile 6-bolt flywheels are as little as $60 (RockAuto), could i just use an 8-bolt flywheel from an F150 or do they have different clutch pressure plate bolt holes/dowel locations or anything? What about clutch size for those? They are much cheaper but is it worth it or should i just bite the bullet and get a new one or just resurface mine if needed?

• Sponsors (?)

Is there a reason WHY you don't want to just resurface the flywheel that you have?

Note, I do have an 8 bolt flywheel 10.5" clutch that is left over from my Windsor/Romeo swap.

Well it was initially that the cost was about the same or at least in the past it has been. I guess just the peach of mind of having a new unit, but i suppose it doesn't matter too much.

i won't know until i start pulling it apart, which will hopefully be in a week or so at most.