84 gt 5.0 svo??

• Sponsors (?)

If it was an SVO, then it would be an EFI 2.3L turbo

But since it's a Mustang L, it's not an SVO

If it an automatic? If so then it has the 5.0L CFI which is an early form of EFI. If it's a 5-spd it's a 5.0 HO carbed

it is a 5 speed and it is carbed, you are right, but what is wierd is i have this mustang book which decodes vin numbers and the year code for this car is "E" and the only year code for an 84 was "D". the "D" meaning the car is an 84. also no year mustang acoording to this book ever had the year code as "E". this car has me stumped. this book also lists production numbers for all years, for 84 it lists: Convertible Turbo GT, Convertible 5.0L GT, VIP convertibles, Hatchback 5.0L GT, Hatchback Turbo GT and Ford of Canada. Next to each of them it has the production numbers. there were only 246 Fords of Canada procuded. could this be a rare ford of canada maybe?

cb18201 said:
it is a 5 speed and it is carbed, you are right, but what is wierd is i have this mustang book which decodes vin numbers and the year code for this car is "E" and the only year code for an 84 was "D". the "D" meaning the car is an 84. also no year mustang acoording to this book ever had the year code as "E". this car has me stumped. this book also lists production numbers for all years, for 84 it lists: Convertible Turbo GT, Convertible 5.0L GT, VIP convertibles, Hatchback 5.0L GT, Hatchback Turbo GT and Ford of Canada. Next to each of them it has the production numbers. there were only 246 Fords of Canada procuded. could this be a rare ford of canada maybe?

I think your book is wrong.

check out this site

http://www.mustanggt.org/vin.htm

It breaks down the VIN.

acording to your VIN, it's a 3-door hatchback with a "M" code engine which is an 5.0L HO 4v. Also the letter E does signify the 1984 model year.

Everything checks out fine. Your book has the wrong info.

also another thing i noticed is he got it from the original owner who never touched a thing on the car, it is completly stock and it has the 93 cobra/svo tail lights and a different looking stock steering wheel that says ford right on it. and he is positive the guy never changed anything cause he asked him and i guess he knew the guy too or somthin

Tail lights look like these? If so they're stock .
418565_6_full.jpg

Reartopup.jpg

yea his has the pin stripes and like the cobra/svo ones, i know the old gt ones are the same thing without the pin stripes but his has the pin stripes. its just a wierd car idk