Engine 89 5.0 5spd has a mind of its own, performance/idling issues

Hey jrichker, thanks for the info above. I performed a cylinder balance test 3 times the other day and all but one time i got codes 11, the other time I got what I thought was cyl 6 and cyl 7, six blinks, then 7 blinks, but after reading your post it must have been the code 67. Also the idle did rise like it was suppose to for the test so I guess that means the IAC is functioning like it should? And come to think of it, it hasnt done the starting and dying thing the last two days like it has normally done, Im pretty sure its possessed.

I had performed a compression test about a year ago and all cylinders checkd in at or around 158 give or take a couple psi so it seemed all was well there, but I will check that again, as I havent done it since ive installed the new intake and cam, just in case something has arisen recently.

I drove the car for a bit today and while it still lacks the power that I feel it should have, it pulls pretty strong between 3 and 5k, but something else that has been present since i have bought the car is a wierd exhaust note that happens under load at 3/4 to WOT between say 1200 to 2800 rpm, king of a plap plap plappy sound then when it comes int at around 3 grand it dissapears, would this indicate possibly retarded timing like the PIP isnt working properly or a lean condition through that rpm?

Ill pull codes again tomorrow afternoon, ill do bot KOEO and KOER and see what I get and ill reply.
Thanks for everyones help!!

• Sponsors (?)