89 GT stumbles 2500 and above

Dtambs39

Feb 25, 2021
Dallas
Good to hear the TPS was a big help.
Something else I'd check that is often overlooked is a little something called the MAP sensor. Manifold Absolute Pressure. Should be high on the firewall, just passenger's side of center, a black box about 1 1/2in wide, and 3in tall. Should have a couple wires and a vacuum line coming out the bottom of it. May not be it, but it's worth a look anyway.
Couldn't hurt to take the EGR valve off and clean it out real good with carb and choke cleaner.
Ok I will look for the map sensor. The entire egr is new. I also did the computer test on the egr and it passed. Will keep you posted.
Thanks
I had 39-40 psi in mind with the line disconnected blocked, and varying with the line hooked up at idle. 10-12 extra psi sure will not help it run right. The aftermarket regulator I have is adjustable through the vac port. I think the stock ones are, too, but it’s been a long time since I had a stock one.
I am looking at an aftermarket one currently. Keep you posted
Thanks

• Sponsors(?)

StangNet created a new car social app called knowmoto! Add your Mustang or post a photo in the knowmoto app and enter for a chance at a $100 gift card from LMR. Click the LMR Logo for more about the knowmoto Mega Thread!

HemiRick

I'd be looking at jacking under the house
Jun 28, 2020
Memphis TN
Mass air cars do not have a MAP they have a BAP, only diff is no hose from intake attached to it. the BAP just senses air pressure at start.

Dtambs39

Feb 25, 2021
Dallas
I replaced the FPR and set it stock settings, stopped the fuel smell, still have a stumble at 2500 and above. MAF or TFI next? any thoughts?

Boostedpimp

15 Year Member
May 8, 2003
NJ
I would swap in a new ignition coil to test or find a friend locally with a fox that doesn't have problems and barrow his coil for a drive around the block.