Electrical 91 GT foxbody fuel pump keeps priming

• Sponsors (?)

You’ll need a multimeter. You can use resistance (ohms) to check if the multimeter doesn’t have a continuity function.

if it’s open, you have a burned pin 46 trace

the ECU pin connector is labeled. Look on the side of the plastic connector and you’ll see 1, 10, etc indicating which pin is what
21B49D4E-B067-4310-91FE-FC41595C8768.gif

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
this simple one will do your basic electrical and continuity testing that you’d use on a vehicle.

Etekcity Digital Multimeter, Voltage Tester Volt Ohm Amp Meter with Continuity, Diode and Resistance Test, Dual Fused for Anti-Burn, Red, MSR-R500 Amazon product ASIN B01N9QW620View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9QW620/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_M231MWZZHVGQVEQQG5D6?psc=1
Okay so i bought one and where does the black cable go and where does the red one go in the ecu pins?

When testing for continuity, it does not matter what color probe goes where. You are simply completing a loop.

set the meter to the position that makes an audible tone. If you touch the lead ends the meter will make a sound. Now touch one probe to 40 and the other to 46. You should hear it ring.

if the meter doesn’t have sound, set it to resistance (ohms) and touch the two probes. If there is a connection the display will show numbers that eventually go to 0 indicating a solid connection.

When testing for continuity, it does not matter what color probe goes where. You are simply completing a loop.

set the meter to the position that makes an audible tone. If you touch the lead ends the meter will make a sound. Now touch one probe to 40 and the other to 46. You should hear it ring.

if the meter doesn’t have sound, set it to resistance (ohms) and touch the two probes. If there is a connection the display will show numbers that eventually go to 0 indicating a solid connection.
Okay so if it has a solid connection then what because your saying that if pin 46 stays open the. Its bad

Okay so yes i tested and yes it went up and then to 0

I failed at trying to fix the capacitors on my ECU. I ended up going with this service. Quick turn around and the replacement has been working perfect.

I failed at trying to fix the capacitors on my ECU. I ended up going with this service. Quick turn around and the replacement has been working perfect.

Ive never really sent stuff through mail

You dont have a multimeter? How can you check your work?....use it to make sure the new caps make continuity to the circuits.
Yes i bought one and yes i did put them okay but seems like pin 46 is the one that burnt but im checking and i soder the little connections from the back because i did see that the trace was brunt but seems like i didn't soder the piece of wire right