92 mustang losing fuel pressure??

bdawg

Aug 10, 2011
turn the key and pump runs few secs and shuts off pressure drops to zero in couple secs, pump reg, filter are all new, pulled plugs out only one is wet , poss injector stuck open?? would the others still work if ones stuck open ?? it wont start and i can smell fuel , please help we want to hear the new motor run!! any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated, thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It is not uncommon for a Adjustable fuel pressure regulator to bleed down after the car is shut off...

Does it try to fire? If you have spark issues it will make the plugs wet if they dont fire...

Replace the wet plug with a new one and unplug that injectors, see if there is a change.

our is losing pressure as soon as the pump stops, we have spark , it ran a couple of secs oncebut seemed like it wasnt getting enough fuel, which side does the fpr work on feed or return , i turned it all the way down to see if i could maybe isolate part of the system but we still lost pressure as soon as the pump shuts off

the regulator is on the return, just closes it off to hold the correct pressure. the diaphragm is known to tear in them though and could cause a problem. also, the check valve in fuel pump can do that too, just because its new doesn't mean its good either

we got it running today , it was the NEW bbk fuel pressure reg , cant get a replacement til mon had to put the stocker on , but it finally runs and it is awesome cant wait til its tuned right and the rest of the way done