Electrical 92 mustang no start, fuel pump running

What should be done?

• Continue on and fix the car

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The car is cursed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

The plugs between the engine harness and at the end of the dash (next to ecu) match. I just have to fix the butcher damage. Now if I could buy the whole dang dash harness for 170$ I would but that's for the gauges. I hate wiring!

I sent the computer out and it needed repair. The repair has stopped the fuel pump from constantly running but that's really about the only change I've seen.

Fuel pump primes for 2 seconds and shuts off like its supposed to now. I jumped the diagnostic port and got the fuel pump running constantly and the tire gauge shows 40 psi at the shrader valve. I can hear a hiss at the back of the intake but I see no leaks. I pulled the vacuum line off of the FPR and noticed no leaks.

Today I threw a new distributor cap and rotor, coil and ignition switch at it.

Shows a nice spark from the ignition coil to the wire when jumping the starter relay.

Fuel pump does kick on and off when rotating the distributor.

Tried starting it normal, spout out, peddle 1/4 down and just got pops from the exhaust and some from maybe the intake.

Got codes 81, 82 , 84 and 85 and finally 11. I did get a 95 but it didn't come back.

I hate to say this now but I've never had the alternator installed why trying to get this running.

This year has been really rough one but I've made it out. This car however is a different story!

Any suggestions?

I restabbed the dist approx 180 off from where I had it and timed it to a jumpy 10 dftdc. It's 330 am and it just came to me to check the obvious possible misses. I'll be re-restabbing it tomorrow as the garage is full of carbon monoxide and its loud as hell (longtubes and 2 chamber dumps). I am happy but it runs like :poo:e and doesn't want to rev!

Get back to the basics. Check tdc at the piston and balancer, see where your rotor points. Check firing order. Pull the spout and it should start. Set timing. Run it up to operating temp, check timing again. Install spout and go :burnout: