• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

93 Mustang GT - No crank

  • Thread starter Thread starter mcalvo
  • Start date Start date May 9, 2022
M

mcalvo

Member
Mar 17, 2022
51
5
18
Phoenix
May 9, 2022
#1
  • May 9, 2022
  • #1
Hello;

I am coming to you for some advise/ideas for my no crank situation with my 93 Mustang GT. I have tested the battery with a load tester and it shows "good battery". I have changed the starter motor, solenoid and both positive and negative battery terminal cables. I have also changed the ignition switch on the right side of the steering wheel and the computer/ECU as well. I do need to specify that the new ECU is a mega squirt by DIYauto. The reason for me changing the computer is due to my research of this no crank situation. I found out that the cause of my dash not lighting up the "check engine" light was due to a bad ECU. So that’s why I purchased the mega squirt. I did go thru the first screen of the setup and I installed it in my car but I still cannot make the engine to crank. I only hear a click and nothing else. I am providing a picture to show you my dash. Does anybody has any suggestions to my no crack situation?? Thanks in advanced.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9598.webp
    325.9 KB · Views: 163

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,047
10,668
213
polk county florida
May 9, 2022
#2
  • May 9, 2022
  • #2
You said you changed the ignition switch on the right side of the column, the switch with the key?
 
M

mcalvo

Member
Mar 17, 2022
51
5
18
Phoenix
May 10, 2022
#3
  • May 10, 2022
  • #3
General karthief said:
You said you changed the ignition switch on the right side of the column, the switch with the key?
Click to expand...
Correct! I replace the old ignition switch with he new one I purchased.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9649.webp
    184.4 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_9656.webp
    235.5 KB · Views: 155

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,047
10,668
213
polk county florida
May 10, 2022
#4
  • May 10, 2022
  • #4
That's good, some say ignition switch when they actually replaced the key switch.
Get a digital volt/olm meter and do the voltage drop test starting at the battery.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
344
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
O
Resolved 2004 Mustang GT 4.6. No crank, no dash lights, No headlights or dome, No radio, no Hazards.
  • oldtimeracer
  • Aug 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
124
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2026
oldtimeracer
O
A
1987 5.0 speed density Foxbody crank no start
  • Alan2204
  • May 23, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
445
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 30, 2026
Mcmahst
Electrical Issues with my 2006 mustang gt
  • VerneVdV
  • May 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
0
Views
166
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech May 22, 2026
VerneVdV
B
Help! Fox with idle issues
  • bbarton
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
182
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 12, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?