Electrical 94 Gt Headlights not working

jmoyajr

Mar 13, 2019
Pharr, Texas
I need some help. Just bought my son a 94 Mustang GT. The headlights (Hi and Low beam), speedometer, clock on dash and radio are not working. Everything was working fine. Replaced headlight switch started to work then stopped again. For a while the Hi beams would work but they don't anymore. Parking lamps, turn signals, fog lamps and brake lights work fine. Cant seem to find the problem have checked all fuses already. Any ideas what I could check next.

• Sponsors (?)

Sure thing, it's a common problem (melted wires and terminals) so pigtails are available for relatively low cost all over the web.
Could definitely be something else, but as you mention the headlight switch had things working for a while, it's worth a shot to check how that's looking.

https://lmr.com/item/WPT165/94-04-M...MIvoH7vqKA4QIVFFqGCh1T-QvREAQYASABEgIgo_D_BwE
1994-2004 Mustangs had a common problem where the headlight wiring over-heated during continual use of the lights. This overheating issue cause the plastic plug to melt and malfunction. If this has happened to your SN-95 Mustang, LRS has a repair harness for you. This is the square plug that fits into the back of the headlight switch. It comes with 6 inches of wire pigtail that makes it easy to splice into the factory harness and repair your damaged plug.

Reactions: 1 users
Need some help.Have a 94 GT headlights high and low don’t want to work. Speedometer, clock and radio don’t work. Have changed headlight switch and replaced pigtail. The radio speedometer and click turn on when I pull the headlight switch out to a certain point. The headlight flicker on when headlight switch is pulled to the in position. Fog lights aren’t working. Have checked fuses. I’m out of ideas what else to check