Fuel 95 mustang 3.8l v6 fpdm location

Joejr2227

Jul 6, 2019
Florida
95 mustang 3.8l v6. I’ve been looking online for the past two days on where to find the fuel pump driver module and I can’t seem to find anything online on where it’s located. I was driving my car last week and it died Out I was able to restart it drove for another 10 minutes and then it died out and wouldn’t restart it just kept cranking and cranking and cranking and nothing found out I have no fuel pressure the fuel pump isn’t kicking on the CCRN clicks when I turn the key over to on there’s no blown fuses and the only other thing I could think of is the fuel pump driver module if anyone can tell me where that’s located it would be greatly appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

95 mustang 3.8l v6. I’ve been looking online for the past two days on where to find the fuel pump driver module and I can’t seem to find anything online on where it’s located.
I have some bad news for you. You could be looking for a looooong time to find the FPDM on a 1995 Mustang. Why? Because the 1998 and older model year Mustangs use a return based fuel system. A FPDM is used on a return-less fuel system (1999+).
I was driving my car last week and it died Out I was able to restart it drove for another 10 minutes and then it died out and wouldn’t restart it just kept cranking and cranking and cranking and nothing found out I have no fuel pressure the fuel pump isn’t kicking on the CCRN clicks when I turn the key over to on there’s no blown fuses and the only other thing I could think of is the fuel pump driver module if anyone can tell me where that’s located it would be greatly appreciated
IMO you should start with the basics. By basics I mean Powers and grounds. Confirm that you see +12 volts at the trunk mounted IFS cut off switch at initial key on. IF there is power at the IFS switch, this confirms that the CCRM and PCM are working together at some level. This also means the likely problem is a bad fuel pump. Do you HEAR it run at all?

I have some bad news for you. You could be looking for a looooong time to find the FPDM on a 1995 Mustang. Why? Because the 1998 and older model year Mustangs use a return based fuel system. A FPDM is used on a return-less fuel system (1999+).
IMO you should start with the basics. By basics I mean Powers and grounds. Confirm that you see +12 volts at the trunk mounted IFS cut off switch at initial key on. IF there is power at the IFS switch, this confirms that the CCRM and PCM are working together at some level. This also means the likely problem is a bad fuel pump. Do you HEAR it run at all?
I’ve already replaced the fuel pump and it’s still not getting any power I’ve read on some other things that it could be a bad CCRN but when I turn Nikita on I do here at the clicks in the CCRM

95 mustang 3.8l v6. I’ve been looking online for the past two days on where to find the fuel pump driver module and I can’t seem to find anything online on where it’s located. I was driving my car last week and it died Out I was able to restart it drove for another 10 minutes and then it died out and wouldn’t restart it just kept cranking and cranking and cranking and nothing found out I have no fuel pressure the fuel pump isn’t kicking on the CCRN clicks when I turn the key over to on there’s no blown fuses and the only other thing I could think of is the fuel pump driver module if anyone can tell me where that’s located it would be greatly appreciated
I’ve already replaced the fuel pump and it’s still not getting any power I’ve read on some other things that it could be a bad CCRN but when I turn Nikita on I do here at the clicks in the CCRM
And are you guys saying could just be a bad CCRM because I know the fuel pump relay is inside of the CCRM soldered in and you have to replace the whole CCRM to replace that

Let me see if I can point you in the correct direction(s).

WHY did you replace the fuel pump in the first place? IE did you CONFIRM power to the fuel pump before replacing it?

Yes it is very possible for a relay to click but not produce power at the load terminals. The relay contacts can and do wear out. So a clicking relay only really means that there control of the pilot duty circuit. This is WHY good trouble shooting means to confirm power at the end device.

Yes it is possible to de-solder and perform a board level repair of the CCRM. Few people these days are good enough with a soldering iron to perform a board level repair.

Why are you guessing about the fuel pump power? It's a simple test to test for initial key on power at the trunk mounted IFS switch. Test! Don't guess. Go where the test results point.