95 Off-Road X-Pipe Install

• Sponsors (?)

Transfer over the O2 sensors to the new x-pipe or if they haven't been changed in awhile install new ones. It's just nuts and bolts. Have a buddy help you remove the old one and install the new one. It's really not that difficult.

Yup, our cars only have 1 O2 sensor per side, and they're before the cats. So no tuning issues with an off-road pipe. Whenever I drop my midpipe, I find it easier to use an impact gun to loosen the nuts holding the pipe to the headers. Other then that, it's all hand tools.

You're talking about MIL eliminators; they exist but I don't recommend them. The O2 sensors are there to fine-tune your air/fuel ratio, not for emissions. Eliminating them could make your car run like crap and your gas mileage go south. You can buy the O2 bungs (basically, a special nut), drill holes in the x-pipe and weld the O2 bungs on the pipe. Many car repair shops will do this for you.

You're talking about MIL eliminators; they exist but I don't recommend them. The O2 sensors are there to fine-tune your air/fuel ratio, not for emissions. Eliminating them could make your car run like crap and your gas mileage go south. You can buy the O2 bungs (basically, a special nut), drill holes in the x-pipe and weld the O2 bungs on the pipe. Many car repair shops will do this for you.

Thanks, I will look into this. It is either install the bungs or buy new pipe for a couple hundred more.

Just to be clear, you don't need the catted pipe to get the O2 bungs. This is the first instance of a mid-pipe I've heard of not having O2 bungs, emissions legal or otherwise.

Kurt

Just to be clear, you don't need the catted pipe to get the O2 bungs. This is the first instance of a mid-pipe I've heard of not having O2 bungs, emissions legal or otherwise.

Kurt

Kurt is right most of the new X & H pipes have the O2 bungs on them.
if you dont want to weld any in you can simply send that pipe back and make sure you order one that has the O2 bungs already there. if you try to eliminate the 02's all together. Your going to have problems.

Banger