Fuel 97 4.6 gt no turn over no start

Dave4.6

Feb 6, 2016
Houston
Any advice for a decent fuel pump and filter,I had my fuel pump replaced because the car cut out no start towed it home next day started right up but shut off
towed it to the shop had the fuel pump replaced ran perfect now about a year later sme issues it runs when I park it wont restart about 15 minutes later no problems,I looked under and noticed the fuel filter was not replaced,will it cause these issues,Im just looking to replace the filter and pump is there anything else I should be looking at

• Sponsors (?)

Any advice for a decent fuel pump and filter,I had my fuel pump replaced because the car cut out no start towed it home next day started right up but shut off
towed it to the shop had the fuel pump replaced ran perfect now about a year later sme issues it runs when I park it wont restart about 15 minutes later no problems,I looked under and noticed the fuel filter was not replaced,will it cause these issues,Im just looking to replace the filter and pump is there anything else I should be looking at
I was having this issue it was a bad ground

There are plenty of reasons for a crank with no start.

1996+ Crank with no start check list
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-tech/336452-1997-mustang-wont-ignite.html#2984838

Examples include (but not limited to):
  • Missing CKP sensor signal
  • Missing fuel rail pressure sensor (FRPS) signal.
  • Missing MAF single or misstated/under stating MAF flow.
  • PCM problem
In the crank with no start list, note the part about noting what the check engine light does during cranking.

Here's some information on an affordable ODB2 scanner that might make short work of your problem. Could give quick answers to question like:
  • What is the fuel pressure
  • What is the MAF flow?
  • Is the PCM getting a good CKP signal (showing RPM's)?

ForScan ODB2 scanner w ELM327 USB
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/resources/forscan-odb2-scanner-w-elm327-usb.57/