97 gt

Dave4.6

Feb 6, 2016
Houston
today I put the battery back in it failed to start,now the anti theft light does not come on the pcm is not talking to my bluethooth obd2 but I can still hear the fuel pump just a no start

• Sponsors (?)

Just wondering have you checked all the fuses inside the engine bay and driver's kick panel?

Next double check the PCM/CCRM ground wire that goes around the battery to the radiator core support.

Test for key on +12 volts at the red TPS wire. Use a known good ground. IF no power STOP and find out why as the motor will never start.

1996+ Crank with no start check list
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-tech/336452-1997-mustang-wont-ignite.html#2984838

I need to get tEst equipment as Ive lost most of my tools,however someone suggested to give the fuel tank a good rap with a rubber mallet believe it or not it fired right off sputtered about two minutes and died started twice more now just turning over

Will need the results of the tests previously requested in the thread and in the "crank with no start" check list if you want real help.

It would also help if you let us know the other tests and parts changed to get it to start.

Just wondering. Did you check the fuses?

On the ODB2 data link connector (C232) Confirm the ability of the ground connector's ability to carry a current all the way back to battery negative. Best to use a test light that will "load" the circuit. Put the test light pig tail on battery positive and probe DLC C232:
  • #4 BK
  • #5 BK/WH
Now confirm power in DLC C232 pin #16 (Y). Use a KNOWN good ground. As before best to use a test light that will "load" the circuit. If no power double check I/P fuse #8.