• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

98 GT What mufflers to buy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sasscuba
  • Start date Start date Feb 20, 2004

sasscuba

Member
Dec 24, 2003
304
0
16
Tulsa Oklahoma
Feb 20, 2004
#1
  • Feb 20, 2004
  • #1
What mufflers would you suggest for a mostly stock 98 GT to get a deep bass sound throughout the rpm range? Have some Borlas on now and they sound good just not loud enough. Do not want raspy just deep and loud. Thanks.
 
M

MoNsTaMaCk24

Founding Member
Aug 12, 2002
742
0
0
Shippensburg, PA
Feb 20, 2004
#2
  • Feb 20, 2004
  • #2
I got mac!!! Wouldnt trade them!!! I believe best sounding!!! Their chrome pipes just suck!!!
 

gearedpony

New Member
Dec 4, 2003
3
0
0
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Feb 20, 2004
#3
  • Feb 20, 2004
  • #3
I had 2 chamber Flowmasters on mine and everyone like the sound. Now I have a BBk off-road H-pipe with the same 2 Chamber FLowmasters and it really sounds good now! Sounds like a ture muscle car.
 

Sam98

Founding Member
Mar 15, 2002
1,625
1
0
Albuquerque, NM
Feb 20, 2004
#4
  • Feb 20, 2004
  • #4
I love my Magnaflows, but the H-pipe really made the biggest difference.
 
M

matsm21

New Member
Sep 5, 2003
241
0
0
Long Island
Feb 20, 2004
#5
  • Feb 20, 2004
  • #5
ive been wondering the same. you mean like an old, deep, big block rumble right, stangscuba?
 

sasscuba

Member
Dec 24, 2003
304
0
16
Tulsa Oklahoma
Feb 21, 2004
#6
  • Feb 21, 2004
  • #6
matsm21 said:
ive been wondering the same. you mean like an old, deep, big block rumble right, stangscuba?
Click to expand...


That's it.
 
G

GT98

New Member
Feb 7, 2003
194
0
0
Columbia, MD
Feb 21, 2004
#7
  • Feb 21, 2004
  • #7
I put 2 chambers on my 98 and it sounded great. Then I installed a MAC O/R H and now she sounds like a true muscle car. I was shocked at how great it sounded. F-bodies can't compare when it comes to the old school V8 rumble IMO.
 

Sam98

Founding Member
Mar 15, 2002
1,625
1
0
Albuquerque, NM
Feb 21, 2004
#8
  • Feb 21, 2004
  • #8
GT98 said:
I put 2 chambers on my 98 and it sounded great. Then I installed a MAC O/R H and now she sounds like a true muscle car. I was shocked at how great it sounded. F-bodies can't compare when it comes to the old school V8 rumble IMO.
Click to expand...

I agree, my 5.0 never sounded this good...
 

Scrody96GT

Founding Member
Oct 3, 2001
342
0
0
Greenhill, AL (Florence)
Feb 21, 2004
#9
  • Feb 21, 2004
  • #9
stangscuba98a said:
What mufflers would you suggest for a mostly stock 98 GT to get a deep bass sound throughout the rpm range? Have some Borlas on now and they sound good just not loud enough. Do not want raspy just deep and loud. Thanks.
Click to expand...

I really like 2 chamber Flowmasters myself. Add a Mac Prochamber and you've got a great sounding combo, IMO.
 

5spd GT

"the 5.0 owns all"
Founding Member
Aug 7, 2002
9,516
6
99
Arkansas
Feb 21, 2004
#10
  • Feb 21, 2004
  • #10
Mac Catback and Prochamber here...I got a compliment a day when I had the 2000 GT literally... Easily "outsounds" my current 5.0 with headers, offroad h, and flows...

David
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
107
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
L
Engine 85 GT Excessive Idle
  • lutzkecj
  • Sep 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
235
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 21, 2026
86HO5.0
8
J
Exhaust manifold to Y-pipe nut & stud dimensions?
  • joeybuddy96
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
156
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jul 9, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
P
2000 GT Random Power Loss
  • Pinellas50
  • Mar 9, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
375
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 23, 2026
Pinellas50
P
K
Engine 2000 Mustang GT - Fuel issue post-blown spark plug repair
  • kenster1092
  • Feb 26, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
467
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 10, 2026
kenster1092
K
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?