Electrical 99 GT - Front Turn Signals not working

Chaseskywalker

Jun 1, 2019
Indiana
Hi all,

I've got a 99 Mustang GT and I'm having a few electrical issues. The hazard lights don't work at all, no clicking or anything, and the turn signals only work in the rear. When I flip the signal, I can hear them clicking fast like a bulb is burnt out, and the rear signal flashes, but not the front and the indicator on the instrument cluster doesn't light up either. Both brake lights work, the high and low beams work, and everything else seems to work OK, and I can't figure it out. Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Do the front parking lights work? Do all of the parking lights and marker lights work?

Based upon the reported symptoms the problem is in the multi-function switch. Specifically LG/WH (pin #3) and WH/LB (pin #2).

What to do about it?
  • replace the Muti-function switch with new
  • replace the muti-function switch with salvage yard. Try car-part.com.
  • rebuild the existing mulit-function switch. Take TONS of pictures as it's disassembled. Clean and re-grease all connectors.
  • get a replacement muti-function switch and rebuild the old one for a spare.
One option is to exercise the hazard as this will sometimes restore function.

Before your reply, I went out and messed with it some more and found that the connector for that switch seemed to be the issue. Some of the wires were pulling out because the clips that hold them in busted. I pushed some of them back in and it worked for a minute, but I took it off, and when I plug it back in, I heard a sort of snapping sound and now none of my turn signals, hazards, or brake lights work. The wiper and high/low beams work fine, however. So the issue must be in the switch, thanks for the reply