• Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All

99 GT Mach 460 acting up

  • Thread starter Thread starter SigmaPride
  • Start date Start date Aug 2, 2005
S

SigmaPride

New Member
Mar 31, 2005
170
0
0
Aug 2, 2005
#1
  • Aug 2, 2005
  • #1
I have a 99 GT with Mach 460 that has never had a problem since I bought it. I went to the track for the first time last weekend and on the way home my door speakers and rear subs stop working. So, all of my tweeters work, but no subs so I have a very high pitched system. They were working fine when I left the track until half way home.

Now...get this...for an unrelated reason I put my original backup tune back on my car with my Predator tuner. Then, I modify a few things again and write the tune back to my car. Bam...the doors and rear subs are working again.

That only lasted for a day and now I have all tweeters again. Any ideas here? I have been running the predator tuner for a year with no such problems so I can't believe my tune would cause this. Is this just some electrical quirk you think? Thanks for your help.
 

iskwezm

10 Year Member
May 24, 2005
4,159
20
79
Rowland Heights,California
Aug 2, 2005
#2
  • Aug 2, 2005
  • #2
check the wiring at the amps,maybe a plug came loose from the jaring at the track
 

tomustang

Psychotic Member
Founding Member
Jun 8, 2000
3,434
2
78
McLean Hospital
Aug 4, 2005
#3
  • Aug 4, 2005
  • #3
If you read the Predator manual it tells you to turn off the radio/other electrical devices, maybe you had them on and the crappy predator screwed with the signals.

Yeah i hate diablosport
 

zincyellow03

New Member
Jul 5, 2004
0
0
0
My dead ho likes Chicago
Aug 5, 2005
#4
  • Aug 5, 2005
  • #4
tomustang said:
Yeah i hate diablosport
Click to expand...

How come?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
ECU/PCM ISSUE
  • Santi1015
  • Jun 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
214
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 29, 2026
Santi1015
S
E
Chasing Vacuum leak 99 GT
  • EBNS_2005
  • May 2, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
219
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 3, 2026
X-cam34
X
Tuners come on inside
  • squeak93
  • Feb 13, 2026
  • SVT Tech Forum
Replies
1
Views
321
SVT Tech Forum Feb 20, 2026
squeak93
Radio, Speaker Upgrades
  • TripleYellow
  • Apr 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
186
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 24, 2026
TripleYellow
B
A/C Issues
  • Boats90GT
  • Jun 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
156
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 11, 2026
Mcmahst
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?