A/C Woes

zeevann

Apr 15, 2007
Alright, my a/c isn't working. originally i thought my compressor was bad because it didn't cycle. well when connecting it to the battery it will cycle. I filled it with r-134 and after 3 cans it still won't kick on. the switch is good because when i turn a/c on in the car, it bogs down and the fan kicks on. would it be too cold for it to kick on? or maybe not enough pressure in the compressor. also if it could be electrical where do i start?

thanks for the help :D

• Sponsors (?)

I had this problem and i had to replace a part on the passenger side engine compartment (looks like a cigar) Sorry this was over a year ago and i don't have the link i found or the part name. But i changed this part and the AC was as good as new. I hope someone can chime in the part.

I had this problem and i had to replace a part on the passenger side engine compartment (looks like a cigar) Sorry this was over a year ago and i don't have the link i found or the part name. But i changed this part and the AC was as good as new. I hope someone can chime in the part.

I had to replace mine as well a while back. It's called the A/C cycling switch. Having said that, since mine is not a dd, it stopped working again, so I have to get out there and troubleshoot. You can buy a guage fairly cheaply at the autoparts store in a recharge kit, which is where I'm going to start.