• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

A nod to 05 owners...

  • Thread starter Thread starter thunderstorm144
  • Start date Start date Nov 29, 2004

thunderstorm144

New Member
Nov 24, 2004
135
0
0
Alabama
Nov 29, 2004
#1
  • Nov 29, 2004
  • #1
Forgot to mention this...

A beautiful red Dodge viper pulled beside me in Birmingham today. I was a little flustered to say the least. No way I am getting in a stop light drag with a viper, obviously. Viper driver looks over at me and gives me a thumbs up. I had to laugh...he liked MY car!! 2 funny. Oh - but it gets better...

Even better (me being the little sh** I am) - light turns green and I dumped it anyway. He didn't. I barked em and left him. (Obviously, he didn't want to race but I had to laugh thinking about the rest of the cars behind us that thought the Viper was gonna eat my lunch and didn't.) And yes, I know he would have.

The best part of the story is that one light up, a guy in a 68 powder blue mustang was sitting at the light. I didn't even see him. I got in the turn lane to make a right and slowed down as I passed him. I rolled down the window and gave HIM a thumbs up. This was perfect since the Viper was now directly behind the 68! Poor Dodge owner.
 

TAP4636

New Member
Nov 28, 2004
99
0
0
Chicago
Nov 29, 2004
#2
  • Nov 29, 2004
  • #2
Cool story. Yeah you don't see too many Viper drivers dragging on the streets. You don't even see it all that much with Vettes. It's almost like they don't need to prove it.
 

REDFIRE 05 GT

New Member
Nov 18, 2004
283
0
0
Junction City KS
Nov 29, 2004
#3
  • Nov 29, 2004
  • #3
most people with that much money are older and more mature. street racing is dumb
 

jadesville

the polarbear conservation corps protects a polarb
20+ Year Stangneter
Oct 8, 2003
2,189
0
47
Gresham, OR
Nov 29, 2004
#4
  • Nov 29, 2004
  • #4
REDFIRE 05 GT said:
most people with that much money are older and more mature. street racing is dumb
Click to expand...


If I had a viper i'd be behind bars.
 
R

royb

New Member
Apr 24, 2004
273
0
0
Nov 29, 2004
#5
  • Nov 29, 2004
  • #5
I got stopped three times in one day

Just so people could get a closer look at my 05. one by a guy in a lexus, another 2 by fellow stang drivers. One guy in a zo6 gave me the thumbs up too. The Mustang is so hot right now it will be a shame when the excitment dwindles.
 
B

Blown00GTAuto

Founding Member
Jun 7, 2002
182
0
0
Washington DC
Nov 29, 2004
#6
  • Nov 29, 2004
  • #6
thunderstorm144 said:
..I was a little flustered to say the least. No way I am getting in a stop light drag with a viper, obviously. Viper driver looks over at me and gives me a thumbs up. I had to laugh...he liked MY car!! 2 funny. ..... Even better (me being the little sh** I am) - light turns green and I dumped it anyway. ..
Click to expand...

Who knows, the Viper guy may have liked Stangs at some point earlier in life. Anyone with good taste should be willing to acknowledge the classic good looks of the 05.

Hopefully he didn't think you were serious with the quick takeoff move at the light . ... after all, not all Stang owners know what a Viper can do.
 

MichiganMustang

New Member
Nov 21, 2004
7
0
0
Three Rivers Michigan
Nov 29, 2004
#7
  • Nov 29, 2004
  • #7
Funny story anyhow. Thanks for sharing.
 

TAP4636

New Member
Nov 28, 2004
99
0
0
Chicago
Nov 29, 2004
#8
  • Nov 29, 2004
  • #8
royb said:
Just so people could get a closer look at my 05. one by a guy in a lexus, another 2 by fellow stang drivers. One guy in a zo6 gave me the thumbs up too. The Mustang is so hot right now it will be a shame when the excitment dwindles.
Click to expand...

Yep, no question about that.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

0
2001 GT stuck in 2nd
  • 01gtslider
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
135
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 29, 2026
01gtslider
0
Z
Progress Thread zeth194 - New Guy on the Block
  • zeth194
  • Mar 19, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
699
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 26, 2026
LILCBRA
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
462
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
Radio, Speaker Upgrades
  • TripleYellow
  • Apr 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
186
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 24, 2026
TripleYellow
Fixing the Leaking 302 and doing a camshaft upgrade!
  • TTSaleen
  • Nov 24, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
304
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Nov 26, 2025
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?