A Relief at the pump!

TMX

May 24, 2005
Houston
I could not believe my eyes when I read this article on the NY Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/02/business/02cnd-oil.html

For the second time in its 20-year history, the 26-nation I.E.A. said it would provide up to 2 million barrels of oil and gasoline a day for 30 days to ease the supply shortage in the United States caused by Hurricane Katrina.

Gasoline futures prices for October delivery, which had bounded past $2.60 a gallon earlier this week, fell 9.4 percent, or 22.53 cents, to <b>$2.1837</b> a gallon on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Crude oil for October delivery fell $1.90, or 2.7 percent, to $67.57 a barrel.

I mean is that what I think it is? $2.18 A GALLON!? Hopefully the price drop hits as fast as the price hike, because there will be much rejoicing.

• Sponsors (?)

The gas stations won't let this happen. Everywhere by me(suburb of chicago) gas goes for $3.39 for 87. On my way to school I saw a station was selling gas for $3.09 for 87. Now this gas station was right in Chicago, about 4 blocks away from the lake. Gas always cost more in the city but apperently, that gas station can afford it. So it shows that the gas stations are raising there prices because they want to and they now have an excuse.

Yesterday on the morning radio news they mentioned that in PA, they were considering temporarily cutting out the 30 cents per gallon gas tax for some relief, but it was then assumed that the stations would simply throw the consumer a bone, lower by 5 cents, and soak up the rest as profit for themselves (and I don't know why they can't make a law about this to govern it), so they're probably not going to do that.

Instead, they're probably going to start rationing fuel in PA, which really blows. There are A LOT of commuters in this area who drive long distances to get to work, me being one of them. :damnit:

Here in Georgia (to be more exact middle ga), our governor already signed off all taxes on gas for the next month, and since day one of this "price increase" he has been cracking down on "gougers." They actually set up a number to call to report price gougers. I've noticed at 15-20 cent drop on 87.

BlackwidowV6 said:
In reality I'm more Sarasota area, but I didn't know how many people would know Sarasota. I live in Venice the place where people go to die

Yeah, if you're not busy, you should caravan up to the V6 Ford Challenge w/ WorkedV6 and I next Saturday (17th).... assuming my car is back together and tuned by then (it's going to be close :crazy: ). Check out the website here or visit the section devoted to it on V6power.net for more info.

BTW, Jesse, I got the longer pushrods and shims from Summit Racing. I ordered them last night at 6 PM and got them this morning @ 10 AM. So, as soon as I get home I'll be attempting to install them, and hopefully them will fix my preload/clearance problems. If so, I think I'll be in good shape for going to the Challenge. If not, I don't know if I'll be able to. We'll see. Anyway, I'll let you know. Oh, and I saw you got your exhaust from Bassani. Good luck w/ that and let me know how it goes.

As a final note... anyone from FL that wants to join our caravan to the Race, just let us know.

Blaine