Ability to edit posts after they are posted?

Gs1987GT

Sep 25, 2019
MidAtlantic
Gents, Good Morning,

I always proof read my posts before posting them to the site. Occasionally I will misspell a word or stupid Google auto correct changes it to something totally different.

I dont see any ability to go back and correct my post after its entered. Is that correct or if so, how do I do I edit my prior submitted posts?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

It’s a right of passage thing. Once you’ve posted enough times. Or simply ask one of the mods, and they’ll immediately call a tribunal, and put it to a vote.
If they all agree, they’ll give you the power to fix your fck-ups. If they don’t, you’ll automatically be banned.

• Happy
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
A time limited edit is more appropriate.

I like this approach with general forums, but not a technical forum. I've had to go back and edit posts days after I made them to correct info that was wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Gents, Good Morning,

I always proof read my posts before posting them to the site. Occasionally I will misspell a word or stupid Google auto correct changes it to something totally different.

I dont see any ability to go back and correct my post after its entered. Is that correct or if so, how do I do I edit my prior submitted posts?

Thanks.
Once you reach the aforementioned post count and your account in general has matured some, these things will become available including some hidden portions of the site. We do this to help control spammers ect. I hope you understand.

Reactions: 1 users
Once you reach the aforementioned post count and your account in general has matured some, these things will become available including some hidden portions of the site. We do this to help control spammers ect. I hope you understand.
No worries, thanks for the explanation. The unfortunate part is my old account (Gs87GT) was fine till Iost my password and my linked AOL address would not receive the code from stangnet to reset it no matter what I tried.

I emailed your site for help and never got any reply so I was forced to create this new one.

No problem. I enjoy this site and all the great members here so I'll get back to where I was eventually.

Thanks again.

A time limited edit is more appropriate.

I like this approach with general forums, but not a technical forum. I've had to go back and edit posts days after I made them to correct info that was wrong.

Hmmm, a topic about editing posts and you guys edit my post without notifying me as to why?

About the only way i could post a link is if i took a screen shot, something obviously i did not do (why would i?).
I didn't say anything really controversial.
Basically asking if this site had limits on new members and using the edit button (a legitimate question).
Then gave a poor experience I had on another site where the edit button had a donation cost (i did call that experience idiotic).
One which they gave up on, because anytime i made a mistake i had to make post to correct it, then another, then another.

I'm a pretty reasonable guy most of the time. A simple message asking me to change it or explaining the issue would have been sufficient.
And while i don't find the post i "supposedly" wrote in #3 above particularly egregious, it would be nice if those were my actual words.

Last edited:
Yeah. That was me. It wasn't intentional. I made a big goof.

I meant to hit quote. Somehow i hit edit instead, i deleted everything i didn't want to quote, and then added my reply. Unfortunately i didn't realize what I had done until this AM. I'm sorry, it was an accident.

Edit: Yup, i'm an idiot. Green was intended to be a reply to your statement in white. I deleted the red. <sigh>
1625667023763.png

Last edited:
No worries mike, i kinda had a feeling it was an accident and i'm glad it was.
That's why i didn't go too nuts, wouldn't have been too great if what i said was edited for a real reason.

For some reason for years i had moderation powers on stangnet, no idea why.
I could delete entire posts, edit and move.
Now and then i would accidently start to edit posts thinking they were mine, i just never had the unfortunate happening of actually hitting the final edit.
I did however from time to time delete people's double posts, lol.