Engine AC FULL kit needed. Recommendations?

ggradtech

Jun 17, 2016
My car currently has no AC. It did at one time and still has the evaporator core.
I have a March pulley/bracket system. I’m looking for a complete kit, minus the compressor. I need to use a specific Sanden one that mounts on the passenger side under the alternator. So what I need is everything else.Condensor, hoses, fittings, etc. LMR has a kit, but I don’t need the compressor that comes with it.

• Sponsors (?)

Kits are centered around the compressor, this is because when you trash a compressor and the parts flow through the lines you need everything replaced to clean it out and flush to get the pieces in the line so they wont mess up the new parts. We install A/C kits all of the time at my shop. This is because installing a compressor without the full kit will usually void the warranty. Now you as an individual can do what you want and most places will charge the system for a fee but wont provide a warranty on it. Finding a kit without the compressor is not going to be easy, you can call the supplier and ask them to sell it without the compressor and some will, but again with no warranty.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Well, you can buy the parts separately. I’ve got an ‘86 with factory air, and I’ve recently replaced the evaporator coil, drier and three lines. RockAuto’s got everything and their prices are good.

Reactions: 1 users