Ac Problems Help

Jason.s197

Jan 8, 2018
Hey guys!

I'm new here so let me give a little back ground. I drive a 2009 s197 Mustang GT. I bought it in Feb of 2017 with 20,000 miles on it. It's a 4.6 V8.

Here is the issue I am having since day of the car I could always hear what I am assuming a AC motor popped when I turn the AC off. Well its finally gotten cold where I live and I went to warm up the car the other morning and turned it on the setting for feet and face. Well I heard it pop again except this time no matter what setting I turn it to it only comes out of the face vents. Okay no big deal I can live with it I come out this morning and started my day like usually got going down the road now it is making this noise like the motor on the AC is trying to move but stuck and just keeps trying even with the AC on or off. It also would only do it for a few mins and stop and then start again. (Noise is coming from the inside dash right behind the air vents)

This is what I am assuming the issue is. I'm just wondering if anybody has had this issue or not and what the fix could be before I go tearing out my dash etc to see. I did attach a video so you can hear what it is doing. Here is a link to a video of the issue for some reason I could not attach it to the thread(
View: https://youtu.be/Sg_DLVAzlKo
)

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a blend door actuator. There's typically 3 in most cars nowadays. Had one go bad on our Silverado a few years ago, but lucked out and was one of the ones that was sort-of easy to access.....Hopefully yours is one that is easy to get to.

Reactions: 1 user
The same thing happens to me sometimes when I start my 07 GT ....the A/C door actuators clicky clack really quick and then stop ......I used to have this problem more when I disconnected the battery a lot ...but now since I took the aftermarket alarm system off that was draining the battery it seems to have gone away (for now) ....the thought of tearing down the dash to replace them has me putting up with it .....it may have something to do with the surge to the actuators ....at least in my car ....