Advice needed! 2010 vs. 2011

• Sponsors (?)

And the 0 percent is without rebates and is for 60 months. In my opinion that is not enough incentive to get me to buy a 2010. Do the math. My bank will give me 6 percent and I would be much better off with the rebates and a nice discount.

Wait for the 2011, especially if you are shopping for a V-6. The 4.0 in the 2010 is an unsophisticated truck engine that is ten (or twenty) years past it's due date. It does not rev and it sounds like a tractor = not fun to drive.

2010 Ford Mustang V6 - Second Short Take - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

The 2011 V-6 has a world class engine, better transmission, makes more power and gets better fuel economy.

"Ford heaped a lot of attention on the base Mustang, too, which at long last has ditched its ancient iron-block, 4.0-liter V-6 for a new version of Ford’s thoroughly modern DOHC, 3.7-liter V-6. With 305 horsepower, only 10 less than last year’s GT, this more affordable Mustang is no longer a car for poseurs and tanning-salon employees."

2011 Ford Mustang - First Ride - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

I agree with the others, this seems high to me too.

Those were the exact numbers that my 06 GT had.

Sticker was $27,4?? and I paid $25,4?? which was invoice. (leather, power seats too)

And with the '11 300 hp V6 coming out soon you should be able to absolutely steal a '10

Where do you live?

I live in Birmingham AL.

I have an idea, if I went into the dealer with the sticker price's of the 2011's (and since the V6 2011 has similar power to a 2010 GT) I am going to ask them to get a 2010 GT within the ballpark of the 2011 V6.

I think this could happen since they will want to move the 2010's to make room for the 2011's.

What do you guys think? To much to ask?

I live in Birmingham AL.

I have an idea, if I went into the dealer with the sticker price's of the 2011's (and since the V6 2011 has similar power to a 2010 GT) I am going to ask them to get a 2010 GT within the ballpark of the 2011 V6.

I think this could happen since they will want to move the 2010's to make room for the 2011's.

Another website shows the MSRP of an '11 V6 Premium Coupe as $25,840, not including delivery and any options. My '10 GT Premium Coupe had an MSRP of $30,995 (also without delivery and options). So you would be asking for a discount of ~$5000 off MSRP to get a '10 GT to the MSRP of an '11 V6, or a discount of ~$7000 to get it down around the invoice of an '11. This is about what '10 GTs are selling for in my area ($7K off MSRP including rebates), so your dealer should be able to do this if rebates and dealer incentives (money direct from Ford to the dealer) are similar in your area, assuming he is willing to deal.

I live in Birmingham AL.

Whatever you do just remember that once the '11's start hitting the lots they won't be able to give a '10 away.