• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

advise on intake install

  • Thread starter Thread starter 90blue5.0
  • Start date Start date Feb 24, 2004
9

90blue5.0

Founding Member
Jul 4, 2002
266
0
0
Regina, Canada
Feb 24, 2004
#1
  • Feb 24, 2004
  • #1
I am installing my systemax intake and want to know if I need to put any silicone on the intake gaskets. The thing is that it is mounting to stock heads and I am using stock gaskets therefore the crush ring on the stock gaskets may not be crushed since the intake ports are so big. I checked with Holley to make sure that I can use these gaskets and they said that it would be OK but I am worried about it leaking. What do you think?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
97 GT with 03 explorer Eddie Bauer edition 4.6l
  • basbill73
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
112
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 11, 2026
squeak93
K
Resolved Need some assistance. Holley Terminator X alongside H/C/I. Very rough/inconsistent idle
  • karhoot
  • Jun 6, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
147
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 6, 2026
karhoot
K
J
Intake
  • James S
  • Jul 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
271
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 12, 2026
James S
J
9
Engine Donor '00 Mountaineer meet '91 Fox
  • 91firecracker
  • May 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
41
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 28, 2026
91firecracker
9
Engine 87 NA - Tune or no Tune needed?
  • R82148V
  • Sep 17, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
430
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 17, 2025
R82148V
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?