Fuel Aeromotive fuel tank install

tsidewayz

Oct 5, 2015
Need some insight here.
in my 91' I installed an Aeromotive Stealth fuel tank with pump. I didn't use any if the stock fuel system wiring or relays.
Is there a signal of some kind that the ECU needs to see in order for ECU to function correctly. If so, how do I go about doing that in this case?

Thank you....

• Sponsors (?)

What do you mean? Are you trying to figure out how the ECU turns the fuel pump on? What specifically do you mean by “I didn't use any if the stock fuel system wiring or relays.“ You need to be specific here.

IMG_2884.png

I can do that and figured I might have to. I have it wired with power going to the relay through a toggle switch as an additional layer of theft protection but I guess I can still do that using the original power wire.

Thank you...

When I wired the pump I used the power wire kit from Aeromotive. It includes a relay.
My battery is hatch mounted so it made it easy enough to get power to the relay then to the pump. I ran a wire from a toggle dash to trigger the relay feeding the power wire to the pump.
I was reading about the rev limiter and got to thinking that if there is no voltage going through the original fuel pump electrical system will it cause the ECU to not function appropriately?

When I wired the pump I used the power wire kit from Aeromotive. It includes a relay.
My battery is hatch mounted so it made it easy enough to get power to the relay then to the pump. I ran a wire from a toggle dash to trigger the relay feeding the power wire to the pump.
I was reading about the rev limiter and got to thinking that if there is no voltage going through the original fuel pump electrical system will it cause the ECU to not function appropriately?
The ecu does what it’s supposed to regardless of what’s hooked up at the end at the fuel pump . If you want the theft switch to work the pink black rhat goes out of the stock fuel pump relay - run it to one side of your switch . The other wire out of your switch leave it going to the aeromotice relay . When the switch is on the pump will act like it does from the oem . Switch off fuel pump is dead .