AFR Gauge Correction

Blown88GT

Founding Member
Nov 13, 1999
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
I posted this on the 14Point7 Forum:

I have changed from Innovate LC-2 (LSU 4.2) to Spartan 2 (LSU 4.9).
I have wired the Green wire (Linear Output) to both the Megasquirt 2 (MS2) & the input to the Innovate AFR gauge (gauge only, with no controller).
I have performed the compensation procedure on the MS2.
Therefore, the readout on Tuner Studio is compensated AFR, but the readout on the gauge is uncompensated AFR.
Is there an easy way to get the gauge to read the same as the TS gauge?
The only way I know of is to output the compensated reading to an analog output on the MS2, maybe the tach output.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I don't have your setup but have you tried running it through a sensor calibration since the swap? Does the gauge know you changed types?
Yes & Yes. The input to the gauge shares the same input as the MS2, the LInear Output from the WB controller. The gauge works & reads the same as TS prior to sensor calibration. After calibration, it reads about 10% lower, i.e. 14.7 on TS is 13.0 on gauge. For the first 5 sec & the subsequent 5 sec, they read exactly the same.

If you don't understand how the Spartan 2 works, this will make no sense. He does something no others do, I am aware of.

"Spartan 2's Output sequencer takes advantage of O2 heatup time when the AFR data is not correct to output calibration voltages that we will use to generate new Tuner Studio settings to compensate for offset and linear errors."

The issue here is that the gauge you are attempting to use has a different scale than that of the spartan2
they will never match due to the scale difference. You will have to purchase a solid afr gauge from 14point7.com
You also have the option of replacing the gauge with a perfect tuning gauge, it will display all the data from the ecu including AFR

I bought the Solid Air Fuel Ratio Gauge from 14Point7. I can sell the Innovate gauge & any of the other stuff, if anyone wants it.

BTW, what is perfect tuning gauge?

I Googled it ($320):

I can just connect the laptop when I want to monitor all. I've got a tray for it on the dash above the shifter.

Last edited: