After Alignment my car steers to the left!!!

HDS

Founding Member
Jan 4, 2002
San Jose, CA
I bought new tires,
255'40'17 front, 275'40'17 on the back on 17X8 2001 Cobra Rims.
Since my car is dropped with Eibach Pro Kit I also needed an alignment.
So, they convinced me to get new camber bolts too.

To make story short, when I got to the freeway to try it out, I let go of the steering wheel to see how straigh it would go,well it steer to the left quite a lot....I didn't have time to go back because I had to go vote.

It used to drive straighter before, but It had a bad alignment and the inner wall of the tire was gone, I could even see the metalic thread!!

Could it be, that when I let go of the steering wheel, it would steer to the left, and yet be align? :shrug:
I had the car align before I had it droped, and it aligned just fine.

I'm taking it back to the shop tomorrow.

• Sponsors (?)

Ok well first things first, Did you get the wheels and tires balanced? second are the tires directional? if they are, are they going the right way? how much of a drop did you get? and do you have caster camber plates? If you went more than 1 - 1 1/2 inches camber plates are going to be needed for proper alignment, and the directional thing on the tires you would notice pretty easy excessive noise, shaking in wheel, and pulling to the side there wrong. Theres a starting point anything past that it might be suspension or something bent. good luck. I also just noticed you had it aligned before the drop, it needs to be realigned.

Your car isn't aligned correctly. Take it back to the shop.

You may need caster/camber plates, but don't mention that to the shop. Just have them put it back on the rack & check it again. They may say they cannot align it because if "yada yada yada", so in that case you will need caster/camber plates.
Scott