Air Bag Recall Postcard

Stroked88

Nov 13, 2005
I got this in the mail the other day from Ford. Thought it was cool.

1554342631627.png

• Sponsors (?)

Yea this is the second notice for me. The first one was a letter and I was thinking damn not again, my car is in storage for the winter. Then this postcard came and I thought, yea I they know they won't be getting it until late spring. What got me was that the car looks like my 2014.

My '13 is at the dealership right now!

Ford called multiple times over the past few months and I've been getting mail on it every other week or so. But all they would do is demand I call a dealership and look into it myself when they called. Seems like a huge waste of Ford's effort to not even be able to schedule it.

The dealer finally called me directly to book it and made it easy.

I probably have 80 or 90 of these postcards in a file. No way will I let those monkeys touch my car. I also have at least 100 postcards in the same file for my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT. That one will NEVER see the dealership as I would never let them drive my car and that's absolutely the first thing they would want to do once they opened the hood. Those morons wrecked my brother's Outback when they changed his airbag.

The only way I'll ever change airbags in my cars is if I can do it myself. They, of course, won't allow that, so I'll keep stacking up the postcards.

It's done!

Can't even tell. No rattles (was worried about this), no scratches, nothing coming loose. The only sign they did it is the center cap is brand new on the driver's side so I get a new shiny pony. Can't even see what might have been replaced on the passenger side.

Asked about the complexity of this and they said it's really easy. They quote a half day to make sure they have room in the schedule but it was done in a couple of hours, I could have waited.