Airaid CAI

• Sponsors (?)

Those claims are a little generous. I have the k&n intake without tune and it doesn't seem much different. I didn't feel a thing when I installed it. If I could do it all over again I would have bought a jlt or c&l with a tune.

My advice: don't buy into that hype. Get yourself retuned and then see the boasted claims they are talking about.

Posted via Mobile Device

thats a big claim for an intake alone. the best tuners in america are only getting 20-25hp out of a tune and a higher flowing intake. there's also manufacturers that claim large gains from mufflers. i don't know how they legally get away with it. in reality, the no tune intakes are worth maybe 5hp, and thats a bit generous.

They get away with it because they dyno tune the car with thier product on it. They put the car on the dyno, intall thier intake and start dialing it in to get the most hp out of it. So legaly they get the claimed hp from a stock car with no other mods.

Yep and thats how they get you. They figure you can get the same results with thier intake, just slap it on and dial in your car. "YEAH RIGHT', like it's that easy for use without a dyno. Lets face it, the stock air boxes aren't that restrictive these days. There's a little to be had with an intake, but most of it is with a tune. Putting on an intake without a tune is sorta pointless and is really a waste of money.

Honestly, it's not worth messing around with. Just wait and get a tuner at the same time. I recommend the JLTII or C&L Racer intake and SCT XCal2 or XCal3 tuner. With just an intake, I don't think there will be any noticeable difference.

Now if i do get the CAI and Tune what happens when it comes time for inspection and emmisions? I live in NY. Also what about the cars factory warranty? Does it interfere with the 3yr warranty?

Thanks for all the help.

This is the reason I haven't got a tune. I really don't want to give my dealership anything to deny my warranty. Technically they have to prove that mods cause warranty concerns. I just don't want to hassle with it. The car makes plenty of power right now for me.

A lot of guys will chime in and say swap your stock tune and intake before dealer visits.

Its up to you bud.

Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly. If you ever have to go into the dealer (or for inspection), just swap back your stock airbox and tune. Takes less than an hour to switch it back.

The dealer does have to prove that the mod caused the issue, but if you swap back to stock, the dealer won't even know that you had any mods.