Aligning New Hatchback Properly

GoldenEagle91

Active Member
Dec 25, 2012
240
16
29
Good evening guys,

This past Friday my Dad and I installed a newer hatch on my 79 Ghia and as we have it sitting now it is about half an inch off to the passenger side of the vehicle and there is about a half inch gap where water or squirrels would be able to get in. I am needing to know how to move it over to the driver side some so that I can get a good seal. I am really new to doing any body related work regarding alignment so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew
 
You will find most of your lateral adjustment comes from the two bolts that hold the hinges to the body and not the hinges to the hatch. You may have to remove the upper interior head liner trim to access these bolts. Hope this helps..... If all else fails, join the squirrels and grab a beer!