• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Am I being Psycho? Story inside...

  • Thread starter Thread starter LordJish
  • Start date Start date Mar 30, 2004
L

LordJish

New Member
Jul 25, 2003
70
0
0
Mar 30, 2004
#1
  • Mar 30, 2004
  • #1
Hey all,

For those of you who read my post about what should I do about my exhaust leaks, here is an update.


I took my stang to a good exhaust shop I know of. I told them what I thought I was hearing and what I thought the problem was. They ended up fixing several leaks in the pipes (joints of catback, etc) and said they checked where my x pipe meets up with the headerrs and found no leaks. I explained to them prior that it really isn't as noticeable unless the car is under "load"; meaning accelerating its own weight (this is vs.just revving the engine).

It does sound better, but still in 1st and 2nd...especially when I accelerate quickly I still hear the "tsh-tsh-tsh" sound for a bit. I'm thinking they wouldn't have heard it just under idle and revving the engine...or is it that I'm too picky? How does my alleged leak hut performance? Looking for a realistic view here...I'm not feeling to objective.

Thanks guys
 

JonJon

Founding Member
Aug 16, 2002
4,801
1
68
back in Marylands
Mar 30, 2004
#2
  • Mar 30, 2004
  • #2
Take one of the exhaust shop guys with you and see if they hear it too... Maybe they'll have some advice.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
462
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
18
Views
585
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Sunday at 4:40 PM
manicmechanic007
J
Engine 4.6 Running rough at half throttle
  • jake411
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
203
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 4, 2026
jake411
J
K
Engine 2000 Mustang GT - Fuel issue post-blown spark plug repair
  • kenster1092
  • Feb 26, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
468
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 10, 2026
kenster1092
K
A
Rough idle - cylinder 1 and 6 misfire HELP
  • austindavies935
  • Jul 24, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
12
Views
828
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 24, 2025
gkomo
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?