ANCHOVIES!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 38176
  • Start date Start date

Doe you enjoy anchovies

  • YES!

  • Tried them, but NO!

  • Ive never tried them


Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 38176

So how does everyone feel about these AMAZING little gems?

I would certainly describe myself as an adventurous eater. I tried escargote when I was only 6 and I loved it! I remember taking a trip to the Casas Grandes Mountains in deep Chihuahua, Mexico with my late grandmother in the early/mid 90's. The fist night we camped all alone, we had a home-made ceasar salad for dinner. She then asked me if I would to try an "anchovie" with my salad. Why the hell not? I got hooked!

If I ever have a pizza, speghetti, or anything else where anchovies are available, I get em! Hell sometimes I buy them and eat em straight from the can!
 
I don't eat 'em, happy you can, we don't want to be over run with the little buggers, be like slip'n and slide'n trying to drive down the road with them trying to cross can be dangerous :rolleyes:
Seriously, I had to look up what they were to make sure but they apparently are similar to smelt, I remember smelt dipping and eating them right from the campfire fry'n pan.
But I don't want them on my pizza.
 
Last edited:
I'll eat them with green eggs and ham. Really good on a pizza too.

SPOILER ALERT:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Worcestershire sauce is a fermented condiment made from a base of vinegar and flavored with anchovies, molasses, tamarind, onion, garlic, and other seasonings. The flavor is savory and sweet with a distinct tang provided by the vinegar.
 
Worcestershire sauce is a fermented condiment made from a base of vinegar and flavored with anchovies, molasses, tamarind, onion, garlic, and other seasonings. The flavor is savory and sweet with a distinct tang provided by the vinegar.

The response from all the cell phones in the room of a restaurant where some drunk asks the question, "WhashishereSaush?"
 
I'll eat them with green eggs and ham. Really good on a pizza too.

Worcestershire sauce is a fermented condiment made from a base of vinegar and flavored with anchovies, molasses, tamarind, onion, garlic, and other seasonings. The flavor is savory and sweet with a distinct tang provided by the vinegar.
Exactly. There are so many videos on youtube of people breaking away from their mental "blockade" of certain foods and actually trying them. 90% of the individuals end up loving the food. For those that dont like depsite being willing to try them have my praise. They had the balls to do they feared
 
Hey, I'll try just about anything once, maybe even twice. I have tried anchovies (and sardines) and that was more than enough for me. Don't like 'em, never will.