Another Mustang Guy, Or Am I?

SoCal91LX

Dec 27, 2017
Hey what's up guys first time poster obviously but been a long-time lurker. I cruise through here whenever I need a little Tech help. I got to say some of you guys are pretty resourceful to say the least and I like that. Anyway I've always been a Camaro guy, I've had a few and swore I'd never have a Mustang in my driveway LOL. Well now here I am with two foxbodys in my driveway.

91 LX convertible 5.0 on the bottle and I just picked up a 92 LX 4 cylinder both 5 speed cars. I'm planning on taking everything out of the convertible and putting it in the hatchback. Well at least everything that makes them go fast. I'm no mechanic but I've worked on my own cars since my teens and I like to consider myself pretty handy with a wrench. Just installed a crate 350 motor in my work truck not too long ago and that kind of got me going on the Mustang thing again. The blue one was sitting under my patio for about 4 years without being touched because one day it stopped working and I didn't bother to figure out what was wrong with it LOL. It turned out to be the pickup sensor. So for the last few months I've been making it faster trying to at least, but the convertible thing just doesn't work for me it's a cool looking car but not really my style. Came across this Hatchback this past weekend for 500 bucks and here I am.

Anyway, I've got a few questions about some body work that's going to need to be done on this thing but I'll go searching for section for that. Or if anybody can tell me right off hand if they know of any place that sells replacement hinge pillars to weld in, that would be cool too. Alright got to get back to it I'm losing daylight here thanks.
20180106_135118.jpg
20150525_123745.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet.

Nice mustangs.

There isn't anyone reproducing the a-pillar that I know of right now. You'll need to get a section from a salvage yard.

If you need any help in sectioning it in, just holler at us. We'll help you out.

You probably already know, but look around the '79-'95 subforum, that's where us fox crazies hang out.

Anyhow, it's good to have you with us.