• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Antenna replacement......

  • Thread starter Thread starter gargol139
  • Start date Start date Sep 25, 2006
G

gargol139

New Member
Nov 23, 2005
38
0
0
Mesa, Arizona
Sep 25, 2006
#1
  • Sep 25, 2006
  • #1
I was wondering if anyone make an antenna replacement that is not as big as the stock one, any one know what options I have about replacing it?
 

DropTopPony

Noob Slayer
Founding Member
Aug 13, 2002
2,570
3
48
south jersey
Sep 25, 2006
#2
  • Sep 25, 2006
  • #2
mustangtuning.com upr.com and steeda.com
 

d98gt

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2002
4,505
59
204
SE Texas
Sep 26, 2006
#3
  • Sep 26, 2006
  • #3
www.americanmuscle.com = www.mustangtuning.com

Even though mustangtuning.com will direct you there
 
G

gargol139

New Member
Nov 23, 2005
38
0
0
Mesa, Arizona
Sep 26, 2006
#4
  • Sep 26, 2006
  • #4
thank you
 

DTNODYA

Member
Dec 15, 2005
831
1
16
Sep 26, 2006
#5
  • Sep 26, 2006
  • #5
If you want to do it yourself, I'll tell you how I did mine. I honestly believe that I was one of the first people to have a short antenna for my Mustang. Story: I was haulin' ass down a Highway that is straight away's for miles and out of nowhere, a bird flew across in front of me. My antenna hit the bird, cut it in half and I had two parts of bird on my windshield and a crack from the 60 foot tall stock antenna. I was like "I'm going to make a short antenna somehow" (This was a few years ago).

So I went to lowes, got a few ceiling fan bearings (round with a hole already in the bottom) and cut my antenna, sanded it down, epoxy glued the bearing on the top and painted it. I show a friend of mine (also had a Mustang) and like 2 days later I saw it on Mustangworld under the "How To" section (althrough they didn't use the bearing for the top).

Rant over ... That's how I made mine so if you want to be cheap and different, there you go. I hate seing shorty antennas being sold although the aluminum ones are tight.
 

RedDaemon

10 Year Member
Mar 31, 2005
3,470
9
108
Atlanta, GA
Sep 26, 2006
#6
  • Sep 26, 2006
  • #6
ive done the free mod too. works wonders
 

CobraRed_96_GT

Active Member
May 20, 2006
1,421
4
39
UCSD/La Jolla
Sep 26, 2006
#7
  • Sep 26, 2006
  • #7
make sure to use the discount
5% - stangnet
6% - mustangboards
10% - americanmuscle (this week i think it expires soon tho)
 

Dusstbuster

I love meat more than anything! I just have a spec
May 31, 2004
1,462
33
64
Moorhead, Minnesota
Sep 26, 2006
#8
  • Sep 26, 2006
  • #8
Yeah last winter when I put mine away for storage I took the antenna off and snipped it about 8" down. Superglued it back on and painted it, looks great!
 

03ghoststang

Well-Known Member
Jul 16, 2005
1,930
1
57
Los Angeles, California
Sep 26, 2006
#9
  • Sep 26, 2006
  • #9
a friend of mine he is also on these boards (blackstang97) cut his antena and he still gets good reception and stuff
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
2000 mustang fuel feed tube
  • Mali
  • Aug 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
65
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 13, 2026
Mali
M
Fuel Damper, 2003 Mustang GT
  • bmmckl
  • Dec 19, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
204
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Dec 19, 2025
bmmckl
C
93 Tubular A Arm Bushings
  • Chrispy62
  • Jul 30, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
110
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 31, 2026
Chrispy62
C
U
Midrange pods for a pillar?
  • urthecap
  • Sep 17, 2026
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Replies
0
Views
89
Mustang Sound & Shine All Sep 17, 2026
urthecap
U
S
Resolved 83 alternator wiring harness
  • sparten5000
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
154
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 23, 2026
limp
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?