• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

anti sieze on intake mani bolts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 90lxwhite
  • Start date Start date Feb 8, 2013

90lxwhite

I'm kind of a She-Man
5 Year Member
Aug 25, 2011
3,310
374
134
Between the Red and Rio
Feb 8, 2013
#1
  • Feb 8, 2013
  • #1
Should I use anti sieze on intake manifold bolts?
 

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
20+ Year Stangneter
Jun 14, 2004
9,303
1,648
214
Acworth, GA
Feb 8, 2013
#2
  • Feb 8, 2013
  • #2
I usually don't. The torque spec is only like 25lbs.

Kurt
 

90lxwhite

I'm kind of a She-Man
5 Year Member
Aug 25, 2011
3,310
374
134
Between the Red and Rio
Feb 8, 2013
#3
  • Feb 8, 2013
  • #3
Ok. The reason I ask is because when I took off the the lower the passenger side bolts were like finger tight
 

ratio411

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2002
3,870
73
109
Pensacola FL
Feb 9, 2013
#4
  • Feb 9, 2013
  • #4
You should use anti-seize anywhere that steel/iron contacts aluminum, at least in a perfect world.
 

ratio411

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2002
3,870
73
109
Pensacola FL
Feb 9, 2013
#5
  • Feb 9, 2013
  • #5
90lxwhite said:
Ok. The reason I ask is because when I took off the the lower the passenger side bolts were like finger tight
Click to expand...
Are you asking about anti-seize or Loctite?
If you are thinking about a thread locker, like Loctite, then no, you don't use that on intake bolts.
 

90lxwhite

I'm kind of a She-Man
5 Year Member
Aug 25, 2011
3,310
374
134
Between the Red and Rio
Feb 9, 2013
#6
  • Feb 9, 2013
  • #6
ratio411 said:
Are you asking about anti-seize or Loctite?
If you are thinking about a thread locker, like Loctite, then no, you don't use that on intake bolts.
Click to expand...
Ok so no to loctite but possibly yes to anti seize?
 

02 281 GT

Agreed...My wife has great Boobs
15 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
3,208
1,973
194
Cabot, AR
Feb 9, 2013
#7
  • Feb 9, 2013
  • #7
Anti-seize would be a good idea as stated before anywhere where steel contacts aluminum. Otherwise, you risk galvanic corrosion due to the dissimilar metals.
 
Reactions: ratio411

90lxwhite

I'm kind of a She-Man
5 Year Member
Aug 25, 2011
3,310
374
134
Between the Red and Rio
Feb 9, 2013
#8
  • Feb 9, 2013
  • #8
sounds like a plan
 

RIO5.0

15 Year Member
Feb 16, 2001
6,892
8
128
N.H.
Feb 9, 2013
#9
  • Feb 9, 2013
  • #9
i would...anything I take apart gets re-assy'd with it. I'm always changing up stuff and I know dis-assy is gonna be easy if I use...just personal preference here.
 

95Vert383AOD

15 Year Member
Jun 10, 2008
1,133
34
69
New Bedford, MA
Feb 9, 2013
#10
  • Feb 9, 2013
  • #10
I always used a little oil. Maybe next time ill use anti-seize
 

ratio411

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2002
3,870
73
109
Pensacola FL
Feb 9, 2013
#11
  • Feb 9, 2013
  • #11
95Vert383AOD said:
I always used a little oil. Maybe next time ill use anti-seize
Click to expand...
Yeah, the good thing about anti-seize is that it is formulated to stop the chemical corrosion created by combining stee/iron with aluminum, and unlike oil, it will be there forever, until you take it back apart.

The bad part is that anti-seize gets on EVERYTHING!
You will be so perfect with it, and make sure it gets on nothing... and when you look down, it will be on everything.
Your hands, clothes, fender, and anything else in the area.
 

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
20+ Year Stangneter
Jun 14, 2004
9,303
1,648
214
Acworth, GA
Feb 10, 2013
#12
  • Feb 10, 2013
  • #12
It washes up easy though.

Kurt
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Resolved 1999 cobra removed lower intake manifold to crossovertube
  • hvcobra99
  • Sep 6, 2026
  • SVT Tech Forum
Replies
0
Views
106
SVT Tech Forum Sep 6, 2026
hvcobra99
P
Vacuum
  • ProTechAutoServices
  • Aug 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
13
Views
256
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 2, 2026
Noobz347
M
Broken lower intake bolts
  • Mike3
  • Aug 11, 2025
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
16
Views
731
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Sep 2, 2025
revhead347
Engine Retorque lower intake manifold bolts
  • 91GTstroked
  • Sep 8, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
360
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 8, 2025
Noobz347
B
Resolved Crank no start after engine swap
  • biggrim
  • Sep 12, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
61
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 12, 2026
biggrim
B
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?