Any differences between 1996-1998 Cobras?

• Sponsors (?)

Thankfully, charcoal was available with all paint colors. The parchment interior looks like Jif peanut butter. :puke:

96 had a strut tower brace and 98 did not. Not sure about 97's. Same situation with the wheels. 96 was different from 98.

wythors said:
Thankfully, charcoal was available with all paint colors. The parchment interior looks like Jif peanut butter. :puke:

96 had a strut tower brace and 98 did not. Not sure about 97's. Same situation with the wheels. 96 was different from 98.

96 & 97 had the same wheels. some 97's had strut tower braces.

the 98's only had the "cobra R" type wheels. The 96's also had a dash mounted clock. 98 also had a spoiler delete option.

When I bought my Cobra new in Jan. of '96 it had 2.5 inch stock tailpipes (maybe I can dig them out of the garage with the stock mufflers), and you could always pick out the 97-98 by the larger pipes. I see you are from Canada, maybe they were are all the same in metric.:shrug: :D

grover said:
When I bought my Cobra new in Jan. of '96 it had 2.5 inch stock tailpipes (maybe I can dig them out of the garage with the stock mufflers), and you could always pick out the 97-98 by the larger pipes. I see you are from Canada, maybe they were are all the same in metric.:shrug: :D

The Cobras delivered to Canada were virtually the same ones as the ones in the States with only the instrumentation being metric and having running lights.There was no difference in the exhaust. Weather US or Canadian spec Cobras the stock H pipe and catbacks were 2.25 inches with the exhaust tips being enlarged to 2.75 inches. This is directly from the SVT sales brochure.

Aftermarket X/H pipes and catbacks were 2.5 inches with the exhaust tips being 3 inches and in some cases 3.5 inches depending on the manufacturer.Trust me on this, my Bassani X pipe 2.5 inches, was visually bigger than my stock 2.25 inch H pipe, same for the cat back.

The Cobras delivered to Canada were virtually the same ones as the ones in the States with only the instrumentation being metric and having running lights.There was no difference in the exhaust. Weather US or Canadian spec Cobras the stock H pipe and catbacks were 2.25 inches with the exhaust tips being enlarged to 2.75 inches. This is directly from the SVT sales brochure.

Aftermarket X/H pipes and catbacks were 2.5 inches with the exhaust tips being 3 inches and in some cases 3.5 inches depending on the manufacturer.Trust me on this, my Bassani X pipe 2.5 inches, was visually bigger than my stock 2.25 inch H pipe, same for the cat back.

He is correct!