Any takers for an '06 [b]BOSS 351[/b]?

ProudPony

May 30, 2002
Yadkinville, NC
Any takers for an '06 BOSS 351?

I posted this on another site, so you may have seen it before.
It just verifies the V-10 mustang thread over on BON.
Nice job to 5.0Mustang for the article! :worship:

Every once in a while, you find out just how little you really know about something. I just had that experience yesterday.

I knew the (second) prototype V10 found it's way into a Mustang, and I've known it for months. Charlie and I had some good words about it last February and March, then again recently.

What I DIDN'T KNOW was that is has been in there for A YEAR, and it has been driving all over Dearborn and Michigan for nearly a year doing ROAD TESTS!!!

We were linked to a thread on BON recently about the V10 Mustang Mule... Well, here's the REAL SKINNY FRIENDS...

This Mag is not yet on the newsstands, or on the net at all... so these images are not yet widely seen or available yet.

5.0 Mustang & Super Ford's Cover and Headline
And another IMAGE of the car.

There's a 4-page write-up on it for February's issue - OMG, what a car.

Where I was wrong, is that this V10 is not a 427, it's a 5.8 Liter!
That means... BOSS 351!!! The team even did a nice job placing Vintage BOSS 351 decals on this test mule! The engine - as tested - weighs 60lbs less than the 5.4s/c motor, and fits into the Mustang with NO MODS!:eek: The mule tested put down 426rwhp @ 6500, and 400lb-ft @5200 while "grossly detuned" to preserve drivetrain components and prolong testing. A traction restricted run of 11.93 @ 117 with a 60' of 1.83 on tired radials is verified. This beast is eating clutches - 8 so far! The engine team has not even begun to consider forced induction or a proper tune. (Tune right now is basically two systems running 5 cylinders each, and they don't know each other exist.) Also as tested, the system is running - GET THIS - 4 mufflers, 2 ceramic cats, and 2 metallic cats!!! :eek:

:Bassani? Hi, I've got this car that needs some pipes... Can you help me?::scratch:

ENJOY! :jester:

• Sponsors (?)

Boomer v3.8 said:
This is the same 351 V10 that was in Motor Trend...
This is not new at all....

Yup, same one, different rag.

The only thing added in the 5.0 article is a little more background info, speculation, and more numbers. I also liked the pics a little better than the digital MT ones - just MO.

I've been away on business, and had not yet caught up on the thread below where the MT article was discussed. My bad.

Still a cool read though!
And I hope it happens in production somhow! :nice: