Anybody got $40K?

• Sponsors (?)

94MustangGT5.0 said:
I bet it's fun as hell to drive that thing, kind of like a glorified go-kart, but I'm staying true to the Mustang. I'd rather have that $40k to spend on a new Cobra (or Shelby, or GT500??)
that's what it is, an over-sized go-kart, hehe (hence my previous post).

If I had the money for the maintainence and insurance, I would probably drop the stang for an Elise turbo. Ever sat in one? The seats have no padding, it's pretty cramped, and the line of sight is not awsome but you don't see many of those despite their price.

I sat in 3 of them in one day last year, i find them uncomfortable. Then I sat in an enzo....that sucked too for comfort.

That orange is too bright and the headlights look like the car has attention deficit disorder.

I've never actually seen one, and I know they're way overpriced, but I would still love to have one. No way I would get rid of the stang for one either. It's just one of the many cars I would love to own but never actually will. :(

They are ugly and way to small, but drive one and some of your opinions would change. For the money these car are a steal. Good luck getting a stang to handle and perform like one. That being said without even mentioning a turbo or SC version. Now I am with you guys, I would rather stick with my cobra but you definately have to respect the performance of that car.

The lotus is not for me. Way to small, high-rpm 1.8L just not my style.

NSX is better, but still no. They handel on rails, but are underpowered for what they are IMO.

Both nice rides, just not for me. I need more meat under the hood for that kind on cash.

Scott_95GT said:
The lotus is not for me. Way to small, high-rpm 1.8L just not my style.

NSX is better, but still no. They handel on rails, but are underpowered for what they are IMO.

Both nice rides, just not for me. I need more meat under the hood for that kind on cash.

Brand new, I would agree... an NSX will go 1/4 mile in about 13.4 seconds or so...
which is really good for a $40G car...
i'd buy the one i posted before.
but brand new, forget it.
13.4 for $80G is a very poor deal.

Caldwell said:
Brand new, I would agree... an NSX will go 1/4 mile in about 13.4 seconds or so...
which is really good for a $40G car...
i'd buy the one i posted before.
but brand new, forget it.
13.4 for $80G is a very poor deal.

Yeah, not as bad for 40K, just not my type of car. 80k is out of the question like you said.

An '01 Viper with similar milage can be had in the same ballpark though.

I just couldn't justify spending 40K-45K+ on a Vtech V6.

The NSX looks sexy, but I wouldn't pay more than $20K-ish for one. My friend almost bought one a couple years ago for $24K.

I love the way the Lotus looks. It only wieghs 1900lbs and has around 180HP. It's got to be an absolute blast to drive it in the twisties.

Another car I've been thinking about buying is a 2nd gen MR2 turbo. I know these cars are quick and can be made to handle about as good as the Lotus. My cousin has one in need of some work that I've been thinking about buying if he'll sell it cheap enough.