Anybody got any ideas? Please?!?

SilverStang1999

Aug 25, 2004
Hello everyone, my name is Zac and I have what I would think is a simple problem. The problem with my "simple" problem is that I can not figure it out. :shrug:
I have a 1999 Mustang GT that is lightly modded with the following parts:
A superchip, mac cold air intake, mac prochamber (no cats), fake o2 sensors, and flowmasters, steeda triaxe shifter.

My problem is that simply put the car feels like it is stalling or misfiring really bad. When starting to move, and even while driving, it seems like it is being bogged down, and the exhaust note even has a distinct sound change. Also, now the exhaust has a very strong smell as well, even more than the "normal" no cat smell.

I am guessing that it has something to do with ignition. Could my plugs be fouling or something? Or should I replace the individual coils? I know I need to change the plugs anyway because I have just under 60000 miles on it and I have never changed the plugs. Whats the best kind of plugs to get? :bang:

Or could this be a even more technical problem that I am not aware of? Any help or advice no matter what would be a great help, thanks alot and I appreciate it.
My email
:stupid:

• Sponsors (?)

SilverStang1999 said:
Hello everyone, my name is Zac and I have what I would think is a simple problem. The problem with my "simple" problem is that I can not figure it out. :shrug:
I have a 1999 Mustang GT that is lightly modded with the following parts:
A superchip, mac cold air intake, mac prochamber (no cats), fake o2 sensors, and flowmasters, steeda triaxe shifter.

My problem is that simply put the car feels like it is stalling or misfiring really bad. When starting to move, and even while driving, it seems like it is being bogged down, and the exhaust note even has a distinct sound change. Also, now the exhaust has a very strong smell as well, even more than the "normal" no cat smell.

I am guessing that it has something to do with ignition. Could my plugs be fouling or something? Or should I replace the individual coils? I know I need to change the plugs anyway because I have just under 60000 miles on it and I have never changed the plugs. Whats the best kind of plugs to get? :bang:

Or could this be a even more technical problem that I am not aware of? Any help or advice no matter what would be a great help, thanks alot and I appreciate it.
My email
:stupid:

youre right that is a tricky problem. It sounds like a realy bad misfire...but that means your CEL would have gone off. did it? i would start with the plugs, and work my way up the ignition system to the computer, but if you go as far as the coils and it doesnt help, i would stop throwing money at it and get it chacked out. as for the smell of the exhaust, its probably just unburned fuel. thats all i can think of, not much help i know, but just some ideas

There are 2 hoses connecting to the cold air intake. I'll bet one has worked loose. Check both of those because these mustangs do exactly that when they are loose. It could be ignition but it almost sounds vacuum. Alway check the obvious and cheap first. :rolleyes:

change the plugs since it needs to be done anyway. I had the same problem and it ended up being a bad ignition coil. Look at the air filter and vacuum hoses first just to make sure. I would bet on the ignition coil though.