Anybody have this X-pipe?

• Sponsors (?)

streetstang03 said:
tree hugger.

you have some serious issues. I'm giving honest real world advice here, and you come back with one phrase quips like what i said was pointless? Now if i was talking out of my ass, that would be understandable, but seriously, grow up and realize that running around on the streets w/out cats is illegal for one, and does not give enough of a performance gain to be even half worth it...so i say once again...what is the real point of totally removing cats on a street car??? None.

Any real gear head would agree with me...but if you want be some 2-block street racer go ahead...

DrK MrK iV said:
If worried about the enviroment, we wouldn't have bought V8's. We all would have bought nice little 4 bangers. Anyhow. This design is the same as Dr. Gas? Sounds the same then?

you're really misunderstanding the argument of removing and keeping cats...can you argue removing cats on a street car? The performance gain is moot..so what is the point????

DTMach1 said:
you have some serious issues. I'm giving honest real world advice here, and you come back with one phrase quips like what i said was pointless? Now if i was talking out of my ass, that would be understandable, but seriously, grow up and realize that running around on the streets w/out cats is illegal for one, and does not give enough of a performance gain to be even half worth it...so i say once again...what is the real point of totally removing cats on a street car??? None.

Any real gear head would agree with me...but if you want be some 2-block street racer go ahead...

dude, you seriously need to lighten up. my 1st comment was a joke. heard of one of those be4??? for those of us who grew up w/ classic stangs, there is nothing better than the smell of non-catted exhaust and the bad ass sound that it produces. running no cats is way better than a catted xpipe. show me a deal that is better this:
o/r xpipe: pay less, more performance, HELLA better sound
catted xpipe: pay an ass load more, less performance, and doesnt sounds as great as an o/r xpipe

streetstang03 said:
dude, you seriously need to lighten up. my 1st comment was a joke. heard of one of those be4??? for those of us who grew up w/ classic stangs, there is nothing better than the smell of non-catted exhaust and the bad ass sound that it produces. running no cats is way better than a catted xpipe. show me a deal that is better this:
o/r xpipe: pay less, more performance, HELLA better sound
catted xpipe: pay an ass load more, less performance, and doesnt sounds as great as an o/r xpipe

I actually am pretty light hearted...but you can't seriously say that 10hp (max over hi flow cats) is really noticable on the street.

Actually I have heard that catted pipes give more low end power over offroad pipes, especially on the high revving DOHC Cobra/Mach motors. The offroad pipes are going to make more peak power, probably around 3rwhp more for a n/a engine. I chose offroad becuase it is much cheaper, and louder.