Anyone ever actually sold a car on here?

• Sponsors (?)

Actually - you got 1 response of $6500.00

No offense - nut IMO - 10K is pretty high. The average buyer will be looking for a car in the 5K range. You may have to wait it out to find a buyer who will pay your price.

That's the prob. The avg. buyer will spend way more than 5k to do all that's done to this car already. I would think that this would be the place to find the "not so avg." buyer

STANG#5 said:
That's the prob. The avg. buyer will spend way more than 5k to do all that's done to this car already. I would think that this would be the place to find the "not so avg." buyer

You never get what you have in them out, that being said I would think 8500 would be about top $$ for your car. Sorry man but foxes are that rare yet... try corral

Timing is everything!

I did not check the add, but if it is the car in your sig and everything is properly done and cared for $10k is where you should be. I would laugh at someone asking to take $5k, or even $6500 for that car.

Stangnet's classifieds are pretty good although there appears to be an extraordinary amount of idiots that don't understand the concept of "fox body Mustangs for sale". I also like Traderonline, aka Autotrader.

My 91 GT sold in 10 minutes on the classifieds here and the 93 LX sold less than a week later. My 93 GT is the best car of the 3 and heavily modified (not the normal stuff) and the listing just ran out for it I believe. It just takes the right person to see the add. I've had a couple dozen people tell me, "if I only had $11k....."

Cliff :)

Yes, it is the car in the sig. I've done 90% of the work myself, with meticulous detail, so, if anything, it's overdone. It has it's little issues, but they aren't the kind of things that would de-value it.

try corral.net, you should have better luck over there. I personally think 10k is too much, but your asking price is totally, your call. I sold my car on corral a couple months ago. Listed it once with a higher price, got no bites. Waited til spring when it needed to move, lower the price a little, sold it in two weeks.

Ill tell you what, heres my honest opinion.

your car looks real nice, and real clean.
I think it might even be worth $10k.
BUT, the pictures youve posted are complete crap.
they are so small, and low detail, i wouldnt even bother to send a message if it was $3k

Buy/borrow a real nice digital camera. at LEAST 1 megapixel.
Take specific pictures.
Pictures of how clean the engine is. the interior. dash, seats, back.
pictures of the rims, all the mods, the stereo equipment. how glossy/clean the paint is.

Then. you will get major feedback.

Host the pictures on imageshack.com or photobucket.com if you have to.

even try listing it on ebay. if you dont like how its going, cancel the auction.
but remember. all the high bids happen within the last ~60 seconds of the auction. so try a buy it now or something:shrug:

But definately. GET BETTER PICTURES

at least a 3 MP camera, mine is a 4 MP and they are Not bad but could be alot better.......look in my pic whore thread. The camera was a Samsung digimax 430.....got it off ebay with a buy it now of $75 or something like that and I'm happy with it.

Roland69 said:
here theese were taken with the camera I was talking about.
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=639836

with everything on the highest settings?
im sure if you look in the options you might be able to up the resolution or quality.
this was from a 3.2 mp camera.. 35% of original size. and quality halfed to shrink file size.

pict000615fz.jpg

Attachments

• pict000615fz.jpg
    pict000615fz.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 64
The pics of the car are fairly old. But it was what I had. The motor & int. pics are new, but I did those the night I posted the add. And I shot them in the garage, so that doesn't help. I MUST REFRESH:nice: