Anyone fish? Weekend fun

Check out this 1 of the Largemouth Bass I caught on Sunday. We live on a golf course and a pond. My son (11) and I went out on the course Sunday armed with a couple fishing poles instead of golf clubs this time. This section of nine was closed do to a good bit of rain earlier in the day. Anyway I was armed with a top water popper and the son's artillary was an engine oil colored rubber worm. We had'em covered high and low. Well to my luck they wanted the popper. I caught one that was about 1.5lb, not bad. Was a lot of fun to see it hit that popper and then bring'm in. Freed him from the popper and set him back free. The very next cast in the same spot, BLAM this one swollowed it untill the popper was hanging out of it's gill:eek: . Man he faught like crazy. For those of you that fish, then you know the good feeling of the attack and then the fight.:nice: I threw him back as well. Maybe next time he will be bigger.:D
Off topic of cars, but boy it was fun. If ya have a golf course near by and like to fish, then hit it.:D, lucky for me it's only a short walk.

• Sponsors (?)

i definetly fish, but havent had time to get out this year. im thinking about taking a trip up to the mountains to go fishing. the best way to catch any sort of fish is with a fly rod. nothing beats fighting a 1 lbs bass on a 8 ft fly rod with 4 lbs test and no drag.

Havnt had alot of time since I left the Charleston area. Used to fish alot at "short Stay" on lake Marion. I caught a 14lb cat one night. Unfortunately some guy knocked me off my high horse when his smallest fish out weighed mine by about 4 lbs. If I remember correctly thats part of Lake Marion. Big fish out by the spillway.

what golf course would have that kinda fish in charleston? lol.. shadowmoss.. eh i think they've all been beaned with a golf ball.. there either dead or just plain stupid where they cant bite :rolleyes: ever been out towards edisto and all? i caught about a 20 lb catfish out there.. sucker was freakin huge... it didnt even fit in the coola :mad:

i fish alot, havn't been out much this year cause i've been working on the car. wheni 'm in the city i can't really fish for much other than catfish, sliver bass, carp or goldeye.

but wheni go to the lake i fish for jack (northern pike) walleye and small mouth

last year i managed about 6 - 32+" cats just outside the city within the last month of fishing

Grey50 thats a sweet catch man. The 1st one that is. Were ya using top water or going under with a worm??

And Bad92GT I live in Wescott Plantation, there are ponds all over the place. We are catching 2-3 pounders out of the pond @ my back yard. Literally I can cast from my back door and hit the water.
Gonna attach a pic my son caught. It was the smaller of the 2. He released this one and then on his very next cast caught his biggest one yet. I guess around 2-2.5 lbs.

Runin: Get out there. If you have a boat even better. I actually have to admit that I miss the area. I honestly think I'll retire down there. Trying to remember where Wescott is though. Not the newer development near Rivers is it?

Wow it has been awhile. I'm trying to recall. Met my wife in North Charleston. God knows she'd kill me If I told her that I cant remember the street names. Lived on the Naval Weapons station while I was going to college. Youve definitely got a good point. Note to Self, Install pond in back yard.

rdharper02 said:
Youve definitely got a good point. Note to Self, Install pond in back yard.

:D You have to clean a boat when your done and gas prices:nonono: :nono: . When im finished I just put the poles back in the garage or put them under our patio set.
Weapons station is in Goose Creek, I grew up there. Only about 15 min away. Dorchester is the rd that the airbase is on.