Anyone have a TKO 5 or 600?

atrainsgt

Sep 26, 2008
I'm trying to figure out what tranny to go with and I just can't settle between a t56 and a tko 600. I'm leaning towards a tko 600. If you have a tko 600 tell me about it :D Id like to know what you think of it and how much the setup cost you. Thanks :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

My viper spec shifts like ****. Why is this? I was thinking of going to a tko 600.
Its built to handle more power so it has different synchros and gear ratios. Every person I have heard that put a Viper spec in their car said it shifts like crap. Ive driven two Vipers and they both shifted like crap too.
I have seen MANY completly stock Cobra T56s handling over 600 rwhp and a few running 800-1000 and they handle it just fine. Really is the best option for high power handling and great versitility. Can run 4.11 and still have a low cruising RPM :nice:

So maybe I should buy a regular cobra t56? Seems like a lot of people hate the TKO's and a 6-speed is just cool. My car won't ever be making more than 600hp tops because its a street car and it won't be dragged. I like open track and autocross.

I'm pretty happy with my TKO 600. I had to do the shift lug update but other then that its been a great tranny for me. It takes a little while to get used to shifting into third gear though.

In addition to the feedback from this thread, I'd suggest calling someone at Promotion and/or D&D and running your goals by them and seeing what they think. Promotion didn't steer me towards the most expensive option, in fact they suggested the cheaper of 3 transmission options once they had all of my information.

I had a MGW on my t45 that's sitting on my garage now and I have a Hurst on this t-3650. The MGW is nice but so is the Hurst, never tried any others. Smart Parts auto sells a rebuilt t56 with warranty for $1700 to my door. I'm really considering that.