Anyone installed DG Customs GT/CS Replica Hoodscoop?

NEFaurora

Dec 26, 2009
Subject: Anyone installed DG Customs GT Replica Hoodscoop?

I want to add the optional GT/CS Hood scoop to my car that DG Customs sells pre-painted, Has anyone installed one of these?? It says that you can bond it with the 3M tape, or drill holes in the hood to mount or both.

Any experiences?? /Paint quality??

DG Customs also sells some nice Non-Ford side scoops pre-painted as well. Has anyone installed these on their car as well?? Any pics?? I'm thinking of possibly buying these as well.

Any/All help is appreciated!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Tony K.

• Sponsors (?)

I installed my hood scoop (altough made by 3D Carbon) using only the two sided tape and it holds perfectly fine. Almost perfect paint match and great quality. Paid $225 painted/shipped from lmp performance I think....

Thanks Charles. That's the company's picture. I have seen it before as well as the color matched one. Sounds interesting as a GT500/CS alternative but I gotta see if I'll even keep this car.

I just installed a DG Customs pre-painted hood scoop on my 08. When I first took it out of the box I thought it was going to be too thin and flimsy but once mounted it is very solid. My car is Dark Candy Apple Red and the paint match is perfect from what I can tell.

It does not come with a template or directions so I just used the guidelines from my SHR Tail Panel. Body panel and part temp between 60-80 degrees, wash the area, clean the area where the tape will attach with rubbing alcohol. The longest part was measuring. Once I had it where I wanted it I marked hood where the corners were to set with a pencil, exposed the tape and carefully set it into place. Once down I pressed down and worked my way around the edge holding each section for 30 seconds. Its down solid now and I am happy with it.

Here is a link to the one I got Ford 2005-2009 Mustang Painted Hood Scoop - DG Custom Auto

it looks nice in my opinion.

If you blow up the pics on the site you can see that there is a visable edge around the scoop. At first I thought it would be really distracting, but its not as bad as I thought. Over all I am very happy with the purchase and will purchase from them again.

On a side note, my wife ordered this for me for Christmas and she is terrible at online ordering. She said that the customer service was excellent and the people were very helpful and friendly. That goes a long way in my book. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to be complete. I will try and attach pics here in the next day or two.

Yeah, That's the other DG Customs Hood Scoop, Not the DG Customs Ford Factory type hoodscoop like on the GT/CS. The GT/CS type is actually screwed into the hood. I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail.

I had a GT/CS scoop installed on my 2007 GT/CS...black by DG Customs in El Cajon Ca....they installed it with two sided tape and screws....The paint was a perfect match and it looks like a factory install. When you want some mods done to your Stang....trust them....Vince and Craig are honest and won't steer you wrong...