Roush Anyone running 4.10 on their S/C

• Sponsors (?)

I think I am going to change out my R&P to a 3:55 or maybe 3:70.....

I have had the opportunity to try a drag radial but I would think any taller than that and hooking would be more of a problem than it already is (for me at least).

I'll probably end up with 3:55's......

justin said:
Let me know if you are going with the 3.55's. I have 2 sets of them. One set has less than 2000 miles and still look great. The other has about 4,000 miles. They are both Ford gears.

Justin

Those are the gears i am looking for. how much would you want for one of them.

justin said:
Just wondering if anyone is using 4.10 gears. I also thought about going with 3.90. I just hope they wouldn't be too steep.

I ran 3.73's on my '01 with the big wheel/tire option and spun why wheels all over the place through 3rd gear. IMO you don't need those gears. With the positive displacement blower you are running, you almost immediately get into the meat of your powerband with 3.55's or 3.73's. You are gonna' blow through 1st gear immediatley; it wil almost be unuseable. 3.73's should be good for strip and roadcourse stuff - they were for me.

S281SC-I will let the gears go for $90 plus shipping costs.

Wash-right now I just have the stock 3.27's in this car. I had 3.55's in my 03 N/A Saleen.

It looks like I might just stick with the 3.73's. They seem like they might be even too much.

I am running the 3:73's with the AOD-E overdrive auto trans The car is a 2000with Series II Superchager. They are perfect. They pull like a maddog after a careful launch. You can blow the tires away at will if your into showing off. Lastly the top end can handle 150+ easily, and freeway cruising is an easy 75MPH at 2100 to 2500 RPM or so. For firmer shifts, you should look into a better tourqe converter and a J-Mod. The shift kit wont do much without a J-Mod as the trans has a design flaw.

Mstng2 said:
For firmer shifts, you should look into a better tourqe converter and a J-Mod. The shift kit wont do much without a J-Mod as the trans has a design flaw.
What Torque converter do you have in your car??? I can't seem to find any company that makes them for our cars! And not to be Naive but what the heck is a J-Mod???:scratch:

justin said:
S281SC-I will let the gears go for $90 plus shipping costs.

Wash-right now I just have the stock 3.27's in this car. I had 3.55's in my 03 N/A Saleen.

It looks like I might just stick with the 3.73's. They seem like they might be even too much.

my 3.55s are too much for 1st gear; spin through it like crazy
otherwise, i like em a lot

i can't imagine what it would be like with 3.73s or 4.10s

gonen20 said:
What gears might one add on an S281 SC with an automatic with overdrive???? Any ideas??? Should I add a Transgo shift kit also for firmer shifts???:scratch:

Todd,

I’m not sure what Saleen did with the auto trans/Series I cars but on my 5MT, they yanked the 3.27s and put in 3.08s. If you have those gears, you might really like the 3.55s (and you will notice a difference) but I wouldn’t go bigger than 3.73s.

gonen20 said:
What Torque converter do you have in your car??? I can't seem to find any company that makes them for our cars! And not to be Naive but what the heck is a J-Mod???:scratch:

I have a 2000 stall, custom built by a perfomance trans shop in SLC. I'll get you their # if your serious. A Jmod is a small modification to the trans with different springs in the valve body. It really improves the shifting of the AOD-E Heres a link with details:
---> http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/index.html

Also if you do a search for Jmod you will find a few how to's on Stangs and Lincolns, etc.